In episode #835, we discuss how the Google Search Console can help you avoid a penalty. Tune in to hear how GSC can help you.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Google Search Console Can Help You Avoid a Penalty
- [00:35] Most people have a drop in traffic at some point.
- [00:50] Large drops indicate a penalty, otherwise, it’s normal.
- [01:03] GSC tells you when you have errors; you will receive emails.
- [01:20] Don’t wait for your traffic to drop, check which the traffic status of your pages on a monthly basis.
- [01:45] Compare the content of top ten ranked sites with yours.
- [02:18] Check the Search Analytics section on GSC, make sure you click CTR, Impressions, and Clicks.
- [02:50] Then go to the “Pages” section.
- [03:00] Look for pages with a high impression count and low click-through rate.
- [03:15] This means you don’t have a good enough title or meta-description.
- [03:30] Low for B2B is below 1% CTR.
- [03:50] When optimizing title tags, click through to individual pages and click the “queries radio” button. This will show keywords and data.
- [04:44] Check to see where you are having page speed issues, as well.
- [04:57] Look at GSC once per week.
- [05:10] Build that into your workflow.
- [05:33] SEO is no longer about building links and optimizing code, it’s about optimizing the user experience.
- [05:39] That’s it for today!
- [05:44] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...