In episode #1041, we discuss how Google will decrease your organic traffic. Tune in to hear how you can combat this problem.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Google’s SERP Listing Will Decrease Your Organic Traffic (And How You Can Combat This)
- [00:45] Orbit Media wrote a post about this very topic.
- [01:13] If you ranked #1 in Google today, you would be 630 pixels down.
- [01:45] There are more ads now and a lot of other content before your listing.
- [02:00] People why are paying Google will get preferential treatment.
- [02:30] This is why an omni-channel approach is so important.
- [03:45] Building your brand goes a long way to combat this.
- [03:55] In the short term, you should focus on voice search.
- [04:41] You can use remarketing lists for search ads.
- [04:55] You can bid on the keywords that work best for you.
- [05:15] That’s it for today!
- [05:29] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...