In episode #1041, we discuss how Google will decrease your organic traffic. Tune in to hear how you can combat this problem.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Google’s SERP Listing Will Decrease Your Organic Traffic (And How You Can Combat This)
- [00:45] Orbit Media wrote a post about this very topic.
- [01:13] If you ranked #1 in Google today, you would be 630 pixels down.
- [01:45] There are more ads now and a lot of other content before your listing.
- [02:00] People why are paying Google will get preferential treatment.
- [02:30] This is why an omni-channel approach is so important.
- [03:45] Building your brand goes a long way to combat this.
- [03:55] In the short term, you should focus on voice search.
- [04:41] You can use remarketing lists for search ads.
- [04:55] You can bid on the keywords that work best for you.
- [05:15] That’s it for today!
- [05:29] We are almost at capacity for our live event, so register while you still can: Check out Single Grain for more info.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1115, we discuss marketing tactics on which we disagree. Tune in to hear why we don’t see eye-to-eye on everything....
In episode #1114, we discuss whether Patreon is worth using. Tune in to hear if you should be using or ignoring Patreon....