In Episode #434, Eric and Neil discuss how important headings are for SEO. Tune in to learn why you should still take your sweet time on your headings and how it helps boost your website’s ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Important Are Headings for SEO?
- 00:35 – Headings are still important because the H1 tag still has more authority for search engines
- 01:12 – If your H1 tag is larger, search engine will read it as more important than the other text in your website
- 01:25 – Ranking zero is having a snippet above the actual organic ranking
- 01:39 – Have some sentences after your H1 tag
- 01:56 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:08 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Search engines still read your H1 tag as the most important text in your content.
- Be sure that your heading is high quality and well thought-out.
- Snippets below your H1 tag will boost your ranking as it’s still read by search engines.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...