In Episode #434, Eric and Neil discuss how important headings are for SEO. Tune in to learn why you should still take your sweet time on your headings and how it helps boost your website’s ranking.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Important Are Headings for SEO?
- 00:35 – Headings are still important because the H1 tag still has more authority for search engines
- 01:12 – If your H1 tag is larger, search engine will read it as more important than the other text in your website
- 01:25 – Ranking zero is having a snippet above the actual organic ranking
- 01:39 – Have some sentences after your H1 tag
- 01:56 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:08 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:15 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Search engines still read your H1 tag as the most important text in your content.
- Be sure that your heading is high quality and well thought-out.
- Snippets below your H1 tag will boost your ranking as it’s still read by search engines.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...