In Episode #139, Eric and Neil talk about how you can create a culture of testing for your business. How important is testing for your business and product? Listen as Eric and Neil discuss from their experiences the benefits of continual testing, the tools you can use to help you, and why teamwork plays a huge role in creating this culture of testing that makes your business better.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a Culture of Testing
- 00:32 – Most companies have no real process for testing their business
- 00:44 – You have to create a testing process
- 01:00 – Have at least a project management tool like MS Excel, Trello or GrowthHackers Projects
- 01:53 – Check out Sean Ellis’ videos online
- 02:04 – Group people from different departments into teams so you can test the product internally
- 03:01 – Let members submit their ideas on how they can grow the company faster
- 04:09 – Experimenting is only a failure if you have no hypothesis—but, if you learn something, it’s a success
- 04:54 – Check out Amazon’s Two Pizza Team
- 05:39 – Create dashboards for your departments that show stats and data from tests that are continually happening with your product
- 06:45 – Test at least once per week
- 07:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Start building a culture of testing by creating a process within your company.
- Involve your employees in the process and create an atmosphere that allows them to share their ideas.
- Think about your hypothesis BEFORE you run an experiment to get the most out of the process.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...