In Episode #139, Eric and Neil talk about how you can create a culture of testing for your business. How important is testing for your business and product? Listen as Eric and Neil discuss from their experiences the benefits of continual testing, the tools you can use to help you, and why teamwork plays a huge role in creating this culture of testing that makes your business better.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Create a Culture of Testing
- 00:32 – Most companies have no real process for testing their business
- 00:44 – You have to create a testing process
- 01:00 – Have at least a project management tool like MS Excel, Trello or GrowthHackers Projects
- 01:53 – Check out Sean Ellis’ videos online
- 02:04 – Group people from different departments into teams so you can test the product internally
- 03:01 – Let members submit their ideas on how they can grow the company faster
- 04:09 – Experimenting is only a failure if you have no hypothesis—but, if you learn something, it’s a success
- 04:54 – Check out Amazon’s Two Pizza Team
- 05:39 – Create dashboards for your departments that show stats and data from tests that are continually happening with your product
- 06:45 – Test at least once per week
- 07:05 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Start building a culture of testing by creating a process within your company.
- Involve your employees in the process and create an atmosphere that allows them to share their ideas.
- Think about your hypothesis BEFORE you run an experiment to get the most out of the process.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...