In episode #1005, we discuss how long it takes to rank in Google. Tune in to hear what has changed over the last couple of years and what kind of lag time you should expect.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles. Check out the details on this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Long it Really Takes to Rank in Google
- [00:40] You can plug your site into GSC Index and will rank pretty quickly.
- [01:00] We’ve already covered this topic, but that was over two years ago and a lot has changed since then.
- [01:30] Nowadays, it takes a year or more to see results, unless you have strong brand queries.
- [01:45] If you have strong brand queries, you could rank within months.
- [02:10] This is about the whole domain, not just a page.
- [03:02] Once you have good domain authority, it will only take weeks to rank.
- [03:10] That’s all for today!
- [04:04] Don’t forget to check out Single Grain for more info about our live event in June.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...