In Episode #158, Eric and Neil discuss a how long it actually takes for SEO to work. Having the right expectations in mind will help you as you wait for results. Tune is as Eric and Neil discuss their own experiences with SEO and the techniques that you can do now to boost your traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How Long it Takes for SEO to Work
- 00:35 – For a brand new website, it takes 6 months to 1 year. For an established website, it can take 6 months or more to get ranking.
- 00:50 – Neil shares his website’s ranking as an example
- 01:45 – It took Neil 9 months for him to see a decent ranking
- 02:00 – The search traffic goes up slowly
- 02:39 – “It takes good placement to see traffic”
- 02:53 – Eric shares his own experience with SEO
- 03:12 – Eric decided to buy a decent age domain
- 04:00 – Eric made a lot of adjustments with the domain and their website traffic went from hundreds to millions
- 04:54 – Redirecting an old domain to a new domain helps
- 05:03 – Having high brand keywords increases traffic
- 06:28 – Have an on-page SEO set up right
- 07:30 – There’s a lot of SEO consultants available and don’t be afraid to approach them if you’re not confident enough setting up SEO
- 08:19 – SEO takes time and effort, so be patient
- 08:27 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- There are no shortcuts in SEO, so BE patient as it takes time and effort to see the results.
- To get that traffic, you need to focus on having a proper on-page SEO setup.
- Do NOT be afraid to ask the experts—it’s better see real results than to overestimate your abilities.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....