In episode #577, Eric and Neil talk about when you should give up on marketing. Tune in to hear if, how, and when you need to call it quits.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Long Should You Spend on Marketing Before You Give Up?
- [00:41] Neil gives up on tactics, instead of marketing as a whole.
- [01:00] He’ll try out five to ten tactics and keep whatever works.
- [01:20] In many cases, if you don’t experiment, you will just spin your wheels.
- [01:50] Eric was hanging out with the Zapier CEO and they agreed it is difficult to hand off marketing.
- [02:45] There are constantly new tactics, so you need to incorporate those into your workload.
- [03:15] Keep trying to improve all the time and integrate new techniques into your workflow.
- [03:35] You won’t see traction with SEO within the first six months.
- [04:00] Ahrefs will help you track your impressions and any traction you’re getting.
- [04:40] Be patient when working with long-term solutions.
- [04:45] With paid advertising, you need to make it work right away, because you will lose a lot of money otherwise.
- [05:48] You should look to grow your organic keywords by 10% month by month; for SEO, you should look to grow your top three keywords by 10% month by month.
- [06:07] That’s all for today!
- [06:11] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...