In episode #577, Eric and Neil talk about when you should give up on marketing. Tune in to hear if, how, and when you need to call it quits.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Long Should You Spend on Marketing Before You Give Up?
- [00:41] Neil gives up on tactics, instead of marketing as a whole.
- [01:00] He’ll try out five to ten tactics and keep whatever works.
- [01:20] In many cases, if you don’t experiment, you will just spin your wheels.
- [01:50] Eric was hanging out with the Zapier CEO and they agreed it is difficult to hand off marketing.
- [02:45] There are constantly new tactics, so you need to incorporate those into your workload.
- [03:15] Keep trying to improve all the time and integrate new techniques into your workflow.
- [03:35] You won’t see traction with SEO within the first six months.
- [04:00] Ahrefs will help you track your impressions and any traction you’re getting.
- [04:40] Be patient when working with long-term solutions.
- [04:45] With paid advertising, you need to make it work right away, because you will lose a lot of money otherwise.
- [05:48] You should look to grow your organic keywords by 10% month by month; for SEO, you should look to grow your top three keywords by 10% month by month.
- [06:07] That’s all for today!
- [06:11] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....