In Episode #475, Eric and Neil talk about backlinks and provide insights which will help you decide how many backlinks you actually need. Eric and Neil provide strategies which will help you zero in on your backlink strategy which will ultimately help build a brand that connects with your target audience.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How Many Backlinks Do You Really Need?
- 00:40 – Look at your competitor’s backlinks profile as a part of your strategy – analyze their domain strength and domain authority
- 01:03 – The block chain industry is in the nascent stage and therefore, susceptible to someone who wants to go “all in” with their marketing
- 01:33 – You do not necessarily need more backlinks than your competitor to boost your profile
- 01:46 – If your brand is really huge, you do not need many backlinks to outsell the competition
- 02:06 – Build your brand through content marketing, podcasts or videos
- 02:17 – Content thoroughness will ensure that you outrank people with a greater number of backlinks
- 02:48 – Use Google Trends and BuzzSumo to monitor brand quality
- 03:26 – Focus on quality by adding backlinks that are relevant and contextual
- 03:49 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial for Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 03:54 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:04 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- If your brand is HUGE, you do not need more backlinks than your competitor to outrank them.
- Build your brand through content marketing, podcasts or videos.
- Content THOROUGHNESS will help you outrank people with a greater number of backlinks.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...