In Episode #373, Eric and Neil discuss how many links you really need to rank well. Tune in as Eric and Neil remind us of the TWO most important factors for SEO. They’ll also explain why The Penny Hoarder gets more traffic than Neil does and why Eric builds links for a post that is already driving traffic.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Many Links Do You Really Need to Rank Well?
- 00:39 – Two main factors in SEO are content and links
- 00:57 – Eric and Neil uses Ahrefs
- 01:01 – Ahrefs has a keyword explorer tool that will show you the difficulty and guidelines for using a certain keyword
- 01:23 – The Penny Hoarder is a popular blog which was in Inc 500 list
- 01:32 – They make 8-figures/year in revenue
- 01:35 – The blog has more traffic than Neil’s blog
- 01:40 – They get more traffic because of their content
- 01:43 – Neil has more backlinks and domain authority than TPH
- 01:52 – “It just comes down to content”
- 01:58 – You don’t need too many backlinks
- 02:02 – You need MORE content
- 02:06 – If you want to build up your links, use infographics or Brian Dean’s Skyscraper Technique
- 02:25 – Eric didn’t build links for the top 5 keywords for which they’re ranking
- 02:46 – Focus on the domain authority
- 03:03 – Eric has one post that ranks for the most marketing keywords
- 03:16 – Eric has built links for that post to boost it
- 03:41 – Check Eric Enge’s: Do Links Still Matter
- 04:05 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a heat mapping tool that helps you increase your conversion rate
- 04:52 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 04:58 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Content and links are the main factors for SEO—keep track of them.
- Having too many backlinks may not always boost your post; rather, focus on creating GREAT content.
- Check the posts whose keywords are ranking well and build links to boost that post.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...