In Episode #103 Eric and Neil talks about how many links your website really needs. Listen to learn whether links need quantity or quality, and to know how you can outsmart your competitor with authority links.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Today’s topic: How Many Links Does Your Website Need?
- 00:38 – Look at your big competitors
- 00:50 – Use Ahrefs to see how much traffic or how many links they have
- 01:16 – Look at the quality of links
- 02:59 – Use Ahrefs for breakdown of domain authority
- 03:08 – Moz’s study on links
- 04:20 – Eric Enge’s post that links don’t matter in 2016
- 05:09 – Don’t focus on competitive key terms
- 05:25 – Go to Quora and use questions to get idea for content
- 05:48 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Quantity of links is most important but don’t lose sight of quality.
- Produce high “authority links” to outsmart your competitors.
- Links can be helpful to your site’s traffic, but great content is always going to be more valuable.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...