How Marketing Can Help Sales in 2021
In episode #1589, you will hear about how marketing can help sales in 2021. Often these two teams compete with one another, so what if next year you could get them to work more in sync for even better results? Neil and Eric talk about goal setting, how getting sales to use marketing tools and thinking can increase conversion, and why you should have alignment meetings between the teams. Tune in today to hear more.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Marketing Can Help Sales in 2021.
- [00:30] Marketing and sales should help, rather than clash with, each other.
- [00:55] Why setting moonshot goals does not work for most teams.
- [01:35] The importance of having sane sales quotas and goals in 2021.
- [01:58] How the marketing team can help sales look at things like a funnel.
- [02:35] Schedule sales calls; benefits and how to do it.
- [03:25] Tools for lead-scoring, like Madkudu and Breadcrumbs.io.
- [03:40] Marketing can get the messaging out there to sync with the sales team.
- [04:39] Figure out how you can streamline and automate the sales team’s work.
- [04:46] The importance of alignment meetings between marketing and sales teams.
- [05:27] That’s it for today!
- [05:27] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information or call us on 310-349-3785!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...