In Episode #362, Eric and Neil discuss how marketing can help your sales team. These two teams have the tendency to be at odds with each other when there is so much opportunity to benefit from one another. In fact, when marketers are successful at their job, it is easier for sales to close a deal as that brand awareness is already top of mind. Tune-in to learn how marketing helps your sales teams and why teamwork is always the way to success.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Marketing Can Help Your Sales Team
- 00:43 – The more people that see your brand, the more your sales team can close a deal
- 00:58 – Neil does marketing case studies that focus on content marketing and press
- 01:28 – When Eric hears “I see your stuff everywhere,” that’s when he knows the marketing is working
- 01:46 – People can get to know you more on an intimate level from videos or podcasts
- 02:48 – A sales team isn’t as data driven as is the marketing team
- 02:59 – Marketing teams should use tools that will help the sales team understand what needs to be done
- 03:36 – Hubspot has tools for marketing and sales teams
- 03:55 – The worst thing you could do is participate in the “blame game”
- 04:12 – Sales and marketing teams should work together
- 04:38 – Look at the data and don’t focus on the complaints from your team
- 05:07 – Make sure you’re tracking your numbers
- 05:15 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which will help you see people’s behavior on your website
- 06:00 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to know more details
- 06:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The more people see your brand, the easier it is for the sales team to close a deal.
- Marketing should work closely with their sales team—planning hand-in-hand and helping with each other’s weaknesses.
- Stay data driven; this will inform each and every step you make for your business.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....