In this episode, Eric welcomes back Bob Glazer, to discuss how marketing is changing and explore some of the key methods for layering performance marketing into one’s growth strategy. Bob is a Serial Entrepreneur, Bestselling Author, Keynote Speaker, and is the Founder and Chairman of the Board at Acceleration Partners. He is also the author of the new book Moving to Outcomes, about why partnerships are the future of marketing. Tuning in you’ll hear Bob break down the meaning of affiliate partnerships, why it is often poorly defined, and how they can provide some of the most effective outcomes in marketing. He delves into the topics he covers in his new book, including some of the problems it solves for leaders as well as long-term marketing strategies. Bob discusses how Affiliate Partners has grown since it first started, why he describes them as a partner management recruiting specialist firm, as well as the benefits they’ve experienced from working remotely over the past ten years. He also shares some of the misunderstandings around affiliate marketing, why it’s such a huge opportunity, and why he believes companies should master quality before scaling. Tune in for a fascinating conversation on the future of marketing, remote work, and so much more!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:20] Today’s topic: How Marketing Is Going to Change Forever and How to Layer Performance Marketing Into Your Growth Strategy With Bob Glazer.
- [00:30] Introducing today’s guest, Bob Glazer, and his new book Moving to Outcomes.
- [02:49] The lack of ROI that businesses have been experiencing with paid ads and social media.
- [04:24] How Bob defines affiliate and brand marketing.
- [05:58] Bob’s company Affiliate Partners and why Bob defines them as a partner management and recruiting specialist firm.
- [07:11] A breakdown of partnership marketing, Affiliate Partners, and what makes them a truly global company.
- [09:16] An overview of the content in Bob’s new book Moving to Outcomes.
- [11:06] Some of the topics and marketing challenges that are addressed in Moving to Outcomes.
- [11:56] Why Bob enjoys writing books: it’s a way to solve problems and share knowledge.
- [13:34] Practical methods for instituting affiliate marketing strategies.
- [15:54] Insights into Acceleration Partners’ payment structures and the benefits of a hybrid approach.
- [18:13] Some of the awards that Acceleration Partners has won, why a positive working environment is so important, and why they prioritize accountability and flexibility.
- [20:18] How Acceleration Partners has been remote for ten years and how they have compensated for the in-office element.
- [21:43] Some of the ways that their clients and employees meet up in person.
- [24:08] An overview of Acceleration Partners hubs in the US.
- [24:52] The plans for Acceleration Partners for the next five years.
- [27:24] Bob’s thoughts on current trends in wage inflation.
- [29:37] The benefits of reaching out to check in on employees who left your business on good terms.
- [30:18] Bob’s favorite performance marketing tool.
- [31:02] Bob’s book recommendation and why he often gives it to people as a gift.
- [32:48] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe!
- [32:51] Go to https://marketingschool.io/live to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Robert Glazer
- Robert Glazer on LinkedIn
- Affiliate Partnerships
- Moving to Outcomes
- LinkedIn Talent Insights
- Must-read book: Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me): Why We Justify Foolish Beliefs, Bad Decisions, and Hurtful Acts
- Subscribe to our premium podcast (with tons of goodies!): https://www.marketingschool.io/pro
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...