In episode #1431, we talk about how much equity you should give your partners! When starting a new business or including partners in an existing one, the question of how to split equity is so important. Tune in and hear different ways to approach the slicing of the pie, when equity becomes important, and some of our own experiences navigating this tricky side of running a business!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Much Equity You Should Give to Your Partners.
- [00:55] Basing equity on a combination of capital and effort based value each partner provides.
- [02:03] Using a more mathematical approach using Slicing Pie.
- [02:30] Gauging if a potential partner is being reasonable in their demands.
- [03:24] How Eric split equity in ClickFlow with his business partner.
- [04:00] Why the partnerships and business model at SingleGrain didn’t go so well.
- [04:54] The idea that equity only becomes a problem when you start making money.
- [05:16] That’s it for today!
- [05:17] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...