In episode #1431, we talk about how much equity you should give your partners! When starting a new business or including partners in an existing one, the question of how to split equity is so important. Tune in and hear different ways to approach the slicing of the pie, when equity becomes important, and some of our own experiences navigating this tricky side of running a business!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Much Equity You Should Give to Your Partners.
- [00:55] Basing equity on a combination of capital and effort based value each partner provides.
- [02:03] Using a more mathematical approach using Slicing Pie.
- [02:30] Gauging if a potential partner is being reasonable in their demands.
- [03:24] How Eric split equity in ClickFlow with his business partner.
- [04:00] Why the partnerships and business model at SingleGrain didn’t go so well.
- [04:54] The idea that equity only becomes a problem when you start making money.
- [05:16] That’s it for today!
- [05:17] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1471, we share seven little-known copywriting hacks! From sentiment analysis tools and swipe files, to the power of headlines and timing, these seven hacks can get your copy from average t...
In episode #1470, we share our views about whether all Google SERP CTRs are created equal. The results for clickthrough rates have changed significantly, especially in terms of educational content sin...
In episode #1469, we talk about how to create a one-man media company. Gone are the days when everybody followed and cared about large corporations: today people are far more interested in connecting ...