In episode #1431, we talk about how much equity you should give your partners! When starting a new business or including partners in an existing one, the question of how to split equity is so important. Tune in and hear different ways to approach the slicing of the pie, when equity becomes important, and some of our own experiences navigating this tricky side of running a business!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How Much Equity You Should Give to Your Partners.
- [00:55] Basing equity on a combination of capital and effort based value each partner provides.
- [02:03] Using a more mathematical approach using Slicing Pie.
- [02:30] Gauging if a potential partner is being reasonable in their demands.
- [03:24] How Eric split equity in ClickFlow with his business partner.
- [04:00] Why the partnerships and business model at SingleGrain didn’t go so well.
- [04:54] The idea that equity only becomes a problem when you start making money.
- [05:16] That’s it for today!
- [05:17] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...