In episode #826, we discuss if you should sell your business and how. Tune in to hear what you should consider before selling your business and what steps to take in order to do so.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Much Is Your Business Worth (And How Do You Sell It)?
- [00:40] There are a couple of websites that can help you with valuation.
- [00:48] Digital Exits has different calculators to use.
- [01:07] FEInternational publishes a lot of different content.
- [01:25] If you want to sell your site, but aren’t sure what it’s worth, check out Empire Flippers or Flippa.
- [01:30] These sites will also tell you how much similar sites are worth.
- [02:01] BizBuySell is another great resource.
- [02:12] These sites have a lot of inventory you can check out.
- [02:30] If you have a business that’s worth any sort of money, keep in mind that there is a recession on the horizon.
- [02:55] Ask yourself if you want to sell at the peak and then buy back at a low point.
- [03:21] Adventures is a resource Eric recommends.
- [03:53] Ask yourself if you love your business. If you don’t see long-term potential, go find something you love instead.
- [04:33] Research website brokers to find the right one.
- [04:44] You can also find someone to run your business for you as an alternative.
- [05:00] That’s it for today!
- [05:10] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1772, we talk about why acting rich is the easiest way to go broke! There is a difference between being wealthy, and being rich, and we explore what that means in terms of sustainability a...
In episode #1771, we talk about some easy ways that you can collaborate with big influencers within your budget. There are a few simple strategies that can be employed here, where both parties come aw...
In episode #1770, we explore whether having a newsletter is still a valuable tool in the marketing toolkit. We have been hearing a lot of complaints these days about newsletters performing badly and f...