In Episode #425, Eric and Neil discuss how much you should spend on content promotion. Tune in to discover just how little you need to promote your content. And, if you prefer to spend nothing at all, the alternative methods you can employ to get your content out there!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How Much Should You Spend on Content Promotion?
- 00:37 – Eric asked Larry Kim of Wordstream, who is well-versed in paid advertising
- 00:58 – Larry said that every time he publishes content, he’ll try to find unicorns that have high engagement
- 01:11 – He’s pushing $50 for every published piece of content
- 01:39 – For Neil, content promotion is 50% of the time spent writing the content and the other 50% of the time is for promotion
- 01:52 – At least half of the time should always be spent on content promotion
- 01:57 – You can spend time or spend money on promotion
- 02:00 – You can boost traffic from different social media sites
- 02:20 – If you don’t want to spend money, you can promote your content by going through Google for similarly related content
- 02:35 – Email the people who tweeted your competitor’s’ content and ask if they can share yours too
- 03:17 – If you’re just starting out, it is easier to reach out to people
- 03:33 – Make sure that your content is good
- 03:47 – A Dollar a Day Strategy by Dennis Yu of BlitzMetrics can you help you too
- 04:19 – Check your analytics and insights to create a more targeted audience
- 04:38 – Content marketing works if you’re promoting it
- 05:08 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 05:27 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 05:31 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- For every piece of content you publish, you should spend half your time PROMOTING it.
- Your content marketing won’t work if you’re not promoting it—it simply won’t reach people.
- Even with just a dollar, you can push your content on Facebook.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...