In episode #717, Eric and Neil discuss how much you should spend on marketing software. Tune in to hear why you might be over-spending.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Much Should You Spend on Marketing Software Per Month
- [00:40] Eric probably spends $2000/month, while Neil spends $500/month and still thinks that’s too much.
- [01:10] Everyone pays for more and more software solutions.
- [01:33] Neil was speaking at a conference and his coworker suggested they get Google Analytics 360; Neil balked because it would cost $100,000.
- [01:51] Most people who pay for software solutions don’t take action with the data.
- [02:00] If you want to buy something, make sure you need it and will use it.
- [02:35] Eric uses a ton of software.
- [03:00] Marketing software has a lot of the same features.
- [03:15] So many enterprises are using marketing tools.
- [03:30] It is so easy to get software/marketing ADD.
- [03:53] Pare down your costs every quarter.
- [04:14] Neil tracks his daily expenses.
- [04:30] A lot of the free tools offer solutions that are just as helpful.
- [04:57] That’s it for today!
- [05:02] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveaway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...