In episode #685, Eric and Neil discuss pricing. Tune in to hear how you can figure out the right price for your product or service.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Much Should Your Charge For Your Product or Service
- [00:40] How does one settle on pricing for a product?
- [00:48] Neil completely made it up. There was no logic behind his pricing.
- [01:35] If the market for your product is saturated, compare yourself to your competitors.
- [01:55] You can charge the same or more if your product is comparable.
- [02:20] Make sure you are price-matching or charging just under your competitor’s rates.
- [03:35] Price Intelligently is a great resource.
- [04:00] @Patio11 is a pricing nerd, who has written great posts about pricing products.
- [04:35] As yourself what price is too expensive and what price is so low it would make you question the quality of the product.
- [05:12] Crazy Egg has a partner that helps you chart out your rates.
- [05:50] Never take advice blindly, always run A/B tests.
- [06:51] Pricing is the biggest lever that you can pull.
- [07:04] Some companies adjust pricing as often as four times per year.
- [07:15] Do your due diligence and go with what seems right.
- [07:28] Domo is valued at $2 Million, but there are comparable products that are worthless. Why?
- [08:27] That’s it for today!
- [08:33] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...