In episode #1116, we discuss our different approaches to business. Tune in to hear where we differ and if it matters.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s Topic: Our Different Approaches to Business
- [00:33] Neil has been in business for 17 years, while Eric has been in business for 5.
- [00:55] Eric tends to be more patient.
- [01:25] The average person would say to invest your money, but Eric likes to redeploy any money he makes.
- [02:38] Neil is big on doing one thing and one thing only.
- [03:05] Eric likes to diversify more often.
- [05:25] Neil has a hiring philosophy, wherein he likes to hire people with a certain type and amount of experience.
- [07:00] At one point, Eric sold his home to float his business.
- [08:36] Neither of us is right or wrong, we just have different approaches to running a business.
- [09:22] The older we get, the more stuck in our ways we will be.
- [09:40] We don’t push each other to conform to each other’s ideals.
- [10:08] That’s it for today!
- [10:15] Go to Marketing School to check out a video that will help you grow your business.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...
In episode #2297, we have a look at Neil's content plan for next year. If you want to hear about Neil scaling back on certain aspects of his content creation, and what you should be aiming for in the ...