In episode #1116, we discuss our different approaches to business. Tune in to hear where we differ and if it matters.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s Topic: Our Different Approaches to Business
- [00:33] Neil has been in business for 17 years, while Eric has been in business for 5.
- [00:55] Eric tends to be more patient.
- [01:25] The average person would say to invest your money, but Eric likes to redeploy any money he makes.
- [02:38] Neil is big on doing one thing and one thing only.
- [03:05] Eric likes to diversify more often.
- [05:25] Neil has a hiring philosophy, wherein he likes to hire people with a certain type and amount of experience.
- [07:00] At one point, Eric sold his home to float his business.
- [08:36] Neither of us is right or wrong, we just have different approaches to running a business.
- [09:22] The older we get, the more stuck in our ways we will be.
- [09:40] We don’t push each other to conform to each other’s ideals.
- [10:08] That’s it for today!
- [10:15] Go to Marketing School to check out a video that will help you grow your business.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...