In episode #1116, we discuss our different approaches to business. Tune in to hear where we differ and if it matters.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s Topic: Our Different Approaches to Business
- [00:33] Neil has been in business for 17 years, while Eric has been in business for 5.
- [00:55] Eric tends to be more patient.
- [01:25] The average person would say to invest your money, but Eric likes to redeploy any money he makes.
- [02:38] Neil is big on doing one thing and one thing only.
- [03:05] Eric likes to diversify more often.
- [05:25] Neil has a hiring philosophy, wherein he likes to hire people with a certain type and amount of experience.
- [07:00] At one point, Eric sold his home to float his business.
- [08:36] Neither of us is right or wrong, we just have different approaches to running a business.
- [09:22] The older we get, the more stuck in our ways we will be.
- [09:40] We don’t push each other to conform to each other’s ideals.
- [10:08] That’s it for today!
- [10:15] Go to Marketing School to check out a video that will help you grow your business.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...