In episode #1311, Neil shares what he would do differently if he had to start all over again in 2020. From his years of experience, he learned that tools tend to generate far better traffic than personal brands do, so it is worth creating or buying a tool to get quick traction. Tune in to hear how you can save time and money by going straight for a good product!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What We Would Do if Neil Was Starting From Scratch in 2020.
- [00:41] Why tools are so much better than content.
- [01:05] Don’t worry about building a personal brand – a product is better.
- [01:40] Start off with a tool because paid advertising and SEO is expensive.
- [01:55] How a free tool ends up generating more traffic without having to market it.
- [02:28] Free products market themselves and are easier to do.
- [02:39] Go to CodeCanyon and buy a semi-decent tool in B2B or B2C.
- [03:13] How Neil is now spending far more time and energy on tools.
- [03:50] ClickFlow is proof that tools get more attention that personal brands.
- [04:09] That’s it for today!
- [04:10] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Brian Dean on LinkedIn
- Tony Robbins
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Elon Musk on Twitter
- Bill Gates
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...
In episode #2186, Neil and Eric talk about the ideal content cadence, assuming we had unlimited resources! How much content would we be producing? On what channels? What would our team look like? Tune...