In episode #1311, Neil shares what he would do differently if he had to start all over again in 2020. From his years of experience, he learned that tools tend to generate far better traffic than personal brands do, so it is worth creating or buying a tool to get quick traction. Tune in to hear how you can save time and money by going straight for a good product!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What We Would Do if Neil Was Starting From Scratch in 2020.
- [00:41] Why tools are so much better than content.
- [01:05] Don’t worry about building a personal brand – a product is better.
- [01:40] Start off with a tool because paid advertising and SEO is expensive.
- [01:55] How a free tool ends up generating more traffic without having to market it.
- [02:28] Free products market themselves and are easier to do.
- [02:39] Go to CodeCanyon and buy a semi-decent tool in B2B or B2C.
- [03:13] How Neil is now spending far more time and energy on tools.
- [03:50] ClickFlow is proof that tools get more attention that personal brands.
- [04:09] That’s it for today!
- [04:10] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Brian Dean on LinkedIn
- Tony Robbins
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Elon Musk on Twitter
- Bill Gates
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2296, Neil and Eric talk about how they have been leveraging AI writers. There have been a lot of developments in the AI space recently, but we are only just starting to uncover how to opt...
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...