In episode #1311, Neil shares what he would do differently if he had to start all over again in 2020. From his years of experience, he learned that tools tend to generate far better traffic than personal brands do, so it is worth creating or buying a tool to get quick traction. Tune in to hear how you can save time and money by going straight for a good product!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: What We Would Do if Neil Was Starting From Scratch in 2020.
- [00:41] Why tools are so much better than content.
- [01:05] Don’t worry about building a personal brand – a product is better.
- [01:40] Start off with a tool because paid advertising and SEO is expensive.
- [01:55] How a free tool ends up generating more traffic without having to market it.
- [02:28] Free products market themselves and are easier to do.
- [02:39] Go to CodeCanyon and buy a semi-decent tool in B2B or B2C.
- [03:13] How Neil is now spending far more time and energy on tools.
- [03:50] ClickFlow is proof that tools get more attention that personal brands.
- [04:09] That’s it for today!
- [04:10] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Brian Dean on LinkedIn
- Tony Robbins
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Elon Musk on Twitter
- Bill Gates
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...
Ravi Theja Yada explains why behavioral analytics is superior to traditional metrics when it comes to understanding your consumers at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...