In episode #558, Eric and Neil explain why newsletters are dying out and how chatbots are the next big thing. Tune in to hear how to leverage your chatbots for better results.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Newsletters Are Dead: You Should Do this Instead
- [00:45] Eric and Neil still have newsletters, but engagement is dropping.
- [01:01] It’s harder to get results because it can get filtered out or lost in the shuffle with the tons of emails everyone gets everyday.
- [01:26] You need to come up with new ways to connect.
- [01:38] Build up communities via social media and other outlets.
- [01:54] YouTube and chatbots have been great outlets for Eric and his clients.
- [02:11] Alex Becker does email a lot, but he is focused on building up his messenger subscribership.
- [02:36] Though newsletters are unpopular, they are still effective.
- [02:45] Eric and Neil have been moving towards shifting this message to chatbots.
- [03:15] Growth Everywhere added the Facebook Messenger App and they have seen great results from that.
- [03:38] ManyChat has growth tools that are helpful.
- [03:54] One of Eric’s most profitable campaign is shifting to chatbots.
- [04:15] Collect emails through things like content upgrades.
- [05:05] Always collect emails, because you don’t know when Facebook will change their algorithm and traffic will drop.
- [05:15] Zapier can work with ManyChat.
- [05:30] The bot will collect the email and it will be sent to your CRM and your webinar provider.
- [05:54] That’s all for today!
- [05:56] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2627, We discuss the 'Tiktokification' of social media platforms, where various platforms are adopting features similar to TikTok to capitalize on its success. We emphasize the importance ...
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...