In episode #660, Eric and Neil discuss how often you need to blog. Tune in to hear how often you should be blogging and why it matters.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Often Do You Really Need to Blog
- [00:35] Some people say quality, others say quantity.
- [00:48] Hubspot has a $4 Billion market cap.
- [01:02] They also get 6 million visitors per month.
- [01:26] From a traffic perspective, you want to blog as much as possible.
- [01:33] This means 4-10 times per day!
- [01:36] Look at how many posts Business Insider, HuffPo, Mashable, and Buzzfeed generate each day.
- [01:46] Quantity is key if you just want traffic.
- [02:00] Neil posts once per day.
- [02:30] HuffPo has a contributor network. The more contributors, the more content. They are playing a numbers game.
- [02:56] Neil’s site is more balanced, because the quality is much higher than sites that publish a bunch of stories each day.
- [03:38] You absolutely must be consistent.
- [03:55] Neil likes blogging frequently, but also makes sure the quality is high.
- [04:22] There isn’t an exact formula with blogging.
- [04:30] Take the posts that are doing well (Google Analytics) and update them to include your highest-ranking keywords.
- [05:20] You need to remain top-of-mind. The more you can publish, the more touch points you will have.
- [05:45] Eventually, being top-of-mind will earn you more traffic and conversions.
- [05:50] That’s all for today!
- [05:54] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....