In episode #650, Eric and Neil discuss how often you should be running experiments. Tune in to hear when, why, and how you should be running experiments.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Often Should You Run Experiments?
- [00:39] Eric thinks you should be running experiments every single week.
- [00:55] For Eric’s site, they run experiments on the site itself and the business.
- [01:05] They use North Star to run these experiments and Eric loves the Leaderboard function.
- [01:45] The more experiments you run, the better off you are.
- [01:52] However, it’s hard to run experiments when you don’t have enough traffic.
- [02:04] Once you get enough conversion points (500 per month), you can run 1-2 experiments per month because you will be able to see micro and macro conversions.
- [02:28] A micro conversion could be someone going to your checkout page.
- [02:36] A macro conversion could be more sales in general.
- [03:00] If you’re a small business, it’s ok to track micro conversions only.
- [03:22] In the short run, if you can’t optimize for conversions and sales, your experimentation should be around traffic generation. Use Similar Web, SEMRush, and AHREFS.
- [04:15] Managing Oneself is a short booklet that talks about the importance of feedback analysis.
- [05:14] There isn’t one experiment that will make you a major success, but rather a lot of little things that add up.
- [05:36] Make sure to break down the experiments to focus on tiny aspects of your business.
- [06:28] Running experiments over time lets you see what your strengths and weaknesses are.
- [06:44] That’s all for today!
- [06:46] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1868, Neil and Eric talk about CRO tips that will help you convert. Whether it’s having a range of payment options or looking at your image quality, there are numerous ways to optimize y...
In episode #1867, Neil and Eric talk about some rules they follow with marketing. From the rule of seven to the 80/20 rule, there is no shortage of top marketing tips for you. Tune in to hear it all!...
In episode #1866, Neil and Eric share seven ways to gamify your social media to gain a following. From contests to giveaways, there are so many creative ways to engage people. You just have to know ho...