In episode #650, Eric and Neil discuss how often you should be running experiments. Tune in to hear when, why, and how you should be running experiments.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Often Should You Run Experiments?
- [00:39] Eric thinks you should be running experiments every single week.
- [00:55] For Eric’s site, they run experiments on the site itself and the business.
- [01:05] They use North Star to run these experiments and Eric loves the Leaderboard function.
- [01:45] The more experiments you run, the better off you are.
- [01:52] However, it’s hard to run experiments when you don’t have enough traffic.
- [02:04] Once you get enough conversion points (500 per month), you can run 1-2 experiments per month because you will be able to see micro and macro conversions.
- [02:28] A micro conversion could be someone going to your checkout page.
- [02:36] A macro conversion could be more sales in general.
- [03:00] If you’re a small business, it’s ok to track micro conversions only.
- [03:22] In the short run, if you can’t optimize for conversions and sales, your experimentation should be around traffic generation. Use Similar Web, SEMRush, and AHREFS.
- [04:15] Managing Oneself is a short booklet that talks about the importance of feedback analysis.
- [05:14] There isn’t one experiment that will make you a major success, but rather a lot of little things that add up.
- [05:36] Make sure to break down the experiments to focus on tiny aspects of your business.
- [06:28] Running experiments over time lets you see what your strengths and weaknesses are.
- [06:44] That’s all for today!
- [06:46] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1430, we share seven remote work trends that will impact your business! As the world changes in front of our eyes, remote work has been a distinct component of the professional world durin...
In episode #1429, we unpack Google's upcoming algorithm update! Google is taking more care than ever around user experience and it seems their new updates will be no different. We talk about the reaso...
In episode #1428, we talk about what you can learn from black hat SEOs! There is a whole array of strategies and tactics out there to grow you brand and boost your traffic, and some are more within th...