In episode #991, we discuss how often you should scrub your email list. Tune in to hear how often you need to purge the rolls!
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Often Should You Scrub Your Email List
- [00:40] Everyone believes you need a huge email list.
- [00:45] If people don’t open your emails, there is no point to having them on the list.
- [01:05] Opens and clicks are the best way to gauge who is interested in your content, products, or services.
- [01:33] Eric purges his email list about once per month.
- [01:45] His team has a workflow that sends people through a re-engagement campaign. If they don’t open that email, they will be purged.
- [01:58] Mailchimp doesn’t like you scrub your rolls.
- [02:10] ConvertKit offers scrubbing automation.
- [02:30] Neil’s list gets scrubbed daily.
- [02:40] Make sure you send emails at least once per week.
- [03:34] If Neil has a 31% open rate, he’s in good shape.
- [03:55] If you have 15% or less, you may be losing revenue.
- [04:35] If you keep sending emails to those who don’t want them, eventually you will lose everyone.
- [04:55] This is because your emails will get marked as spam.
- [05:05] That’s it for today!
- [05:32] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
How to Rank on Page 1 of Google in 2021...
If You Should Pay To Promote Your Content...