In episode #957, we discuss how paid ads are dying. Tune in to hear why this method doesn’t give you a good ROI anymore.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Paid Advertising is Actually Dying
- [00:40] The revenue isn’t dying, but the costs are getting so expensive, it’s hard for businesses to get a good ROI.
- [01:10] So much VC money is getting wasted on ad spending.
- [02:05] You need to think about upsells and downsells.
- [02:40] Think of all the possible outlets you can use to push your upsells and downsells.
- [03:30] The biggest companies in China are not ad platforms, which is different here in the US.
- [03:50] In the US, the podcasting market is worth $314 Million, whereas in China it’s $3 Billion.
- [04:15] China is better at monetizing, but we’re getting there.
- [04:16] That’s all for today!
- [04:40] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2183, Neil and Eric talk about how to create videos in 60 different languages using AI. Translating your videos into different languages can open your business up to huge new markets, but ...
In episode #2182, Neil and Eric talk about how they would start from scratch today. While a lot of trends in marketing are continually evolving, there will always be a place for good content and engag...
In episode #2181, Neil and Eric talk about Meta’s announcement that Facebook will be undergoing a redesign based on the TikTok platform. Facebook has always excelled at taking what's working for oth...