In episode #794, Eric and Neil discuss how Pepsi managed to defeat Coke in two ways. Tune in to hear what you could learn from this soda giant.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Pepsi Defeated Coke In Two Battles (And What You Can Learn From It)
- [00:36] Coke is still the biggest beverage company in the world and they have a larger market cap.
- [00:57] There is a book about this topic possibly called Fizzled and a podcast called “Business Wars”.
- [01:10] Pepsi went out of business a couple of times
- [01:15] When Coke was ahead and 10 Cents a bottle, Pepsi said for 5 Cents, you get double the amount of soda.
- [01:55] When you do something price-wise like Pepsi did, it’s a great way to gobble up market share and take over.
- [02:20] Uber and Lyft tried similar techniques and helped the companies grow exponentially.
- [02:55] Michael Jackson was hot in the 1980’s.
- [03:10] Pepsi was losing market share, so they paid Michael millions of dollars to do an ad.
- [03:35] This one spokesperson boosted their sales.
- [03:55] Freemium and free trials are great ways to undercut your competitors and get more business.
- [04:45] Choose your spokespeople wisely.
- [05:41] Pepsi tried to replicate the Michael Jackson effect with Britney Spears and Beyonce and it didn’t work.
- [06:07] That’s it for today!
- [06:12] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...
Thomas Ma shared the hottest AI tools you could use and explained how experimenting with them led to better results at the Leveling Up Founders' event. TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:...