In episode #647, Eric and Neil discuss why you should post less frequently on social media. Tune in to hear what you should be doing instead.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Posting Less Frequently on Social Media Will Get You More Traffic
- [00:36] Eric used to use a tool Meet Edgar, but he doesn’t use it anymore because the engagement was too low.
- [00:55] By decreasing their social media posts, they focused on quality content instead.
- [01:30] MeetEdgar made the team lazy about social media traffic.
- [01:45] It should always be quality over quantity when it comes to social media posting.
- [02:24] If you keep posting crappy content, social media sites might bury your posts.
- [03:05] Don’t post for the sake of it, focus on high-quality content.
- [03:23] Neil would be lazy and just post a link to Facebook, but now he makes sure to add titles and descriptions, as well.
- [03:53] The VP of Marketing at Sales Hacker will write mini blog posts on social media, then add links to the full content. He will also tag people in the posts.
- [05:00] Post at least two to three times per week. Grant Cardone has great content, but doesn’t do well because he posts too often.
- [05:21] That’s all for today!
- [05:25] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #662, Eric and Neil discuss what old brands can teach you about marketing. Tune in to hear how classic brands stay relevant....
In episode #661, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should ever change your company’s name. Tune in to find out if they think this is a fatal error or a smart move....
In episode #660, Eric and Neil discuss how often you need to blog. Tune in to hear how often you should be blogging and why it matters....