In Episode #465, Eric and Neil discuss how SEO is going to change in 2018. You’ll find out why that #1 spot in a search result is becoming more and more crucial for the purpose of voice searches. You’ll also hear what will affect your likelihood of appearing first.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How SEO Is Going to Change in 2018
- 00:40 – Voice searches are becoming more and more popular
- 00:49 – If you’re going after a voice search, you’re only going to get one result
- 01:06 – Gaining the first position for search results is crucial
- 01:27 – Google has been investing so much into voice
- 02:00 – In Google’s algorithm, one factor is the brand query
- 02:12 – People are searching for keywords associated with the brand, like “Neil Patel SEO”
- 02:32 – It’s one of the hardest factors to manipulate
- 02:40 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:52 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:56 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The use of voice search in mobile devices has been growing significantly.
- The first spot in a search result is becoming more crucial as voice search will only show one result.
- People are using brand queries that can affect a brand’s standing in a search result.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...