In Episode #465, Eric and Neil discuss how SEO is going to change in 2018. You’ll find out why that #1 spot in a search result is becoming more and more crucial for the purpose of voice searches. You’ll also hear what will affect your likelihood of appearing first.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How SEO Is Going to Change in 2018
- 00:40 – Voice searches are becoming more and more popular
- 00:49 – If you’re going after a voice search, you’re only going to get one result
- 01:06 – Gaining the first position for search results is crucial
- 01:27 – Google has been investing so much into voice
- 02:00 – In Google’s algorithm, one factor is the brand query
- 02:12 – People are searching for keywords associated with the brand, like “Neil Patel SEO”
- 02:32 – It’s one of the hardest factors to manipulate
- 02:40 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 02:52 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 02:56 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- The use of voice search in mobile devices has been growing significantly.
- The first spot in a search result is becoming more crucial as voice search will only show one result.
- People are using brand queries that can affect a brand’s standing in a search result.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....