In episode #630, Eric and Neil explain how successful marketers think. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to become a more successful marketer.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Successful Marketers Think
- [00:35] Successful marketers are numb to failure.
- [00:45] Most experiments are going to fail, but as long as you continue to improve by 1%/week, that will be a 50% gain over the course of a year.
- [01:13] Consistency is key!
- [01:20] It takes time to get things right, but you have to stay the course.
- [01:45] Eric writes thousands of blog posts, even though he has terrible grammar. He knows it is important to follow through and be consistent.
- [01:50] Be a T-shaped marketer.
- [02:30] Spot trends! If you are not good at spotting trends, keep reading news sites and stay on top of things.
- [03:25] Things change so quickly in marketing.
- [04:45] If you are not thinking about ROI, you are not going to succeed in the marketing world.
- [05:20] It’s important to be data-driven; the numbers do not lie.
- [05:59] Don’t be afraid to shake up whatever industry you are in.
- [06:12] Neil is willing to do this by taking competitors products or services, copying them, and then offering them for free.
- [06:51] That’s all for today!
- [06:57] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1546, we talk about the underutilized link between email marketing and SEO. Eric and Neil share how leveraging this untapped strategy has helped them grow in leaps and bounds and they shar...
In episode #1545, you will learn more about webinars and some ways to make them more engaging. Even in 2020, webinars are still a great way to drive sales, so it is super important that you make sure ...
In episode #1544, we discuss the value of building a defensible moat around your income. People like Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger like to invest in businesses with a moat for a good reason – th...