In episode #630, Eric and Neil explain how successful marketers think. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to become a more successful marketer.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How Successful Marketers Think
- [00:35] Successful marketers are numb to failure.
- [00:45] Most experiments are going to fail, but as long as you continue to improve by 1%/week, that will be a 50% gain over the course of a year.
- [01:13] Consistency is key!
- [01:20] It takes time to get things right, but you have to stay the course.
- [01:45] Eric writes thousands of blog posts, even though he has terrible grammar. He knows it is important to follow through and be consistent.
- [01:50] Be a T-shaped marketer.
- [02:30] Spot trends! If you are not good at spotting trends, keep reading news sites and stay on top of things.
- [03:25] Things change so quickly in marketing.
- [04:45] If you are not thinking about ROI, you are not going to succeed in the marketing world.
- [05:20] It’s important to be data-driven; the numbers do not lie.
- [05:59] Don’t be afraid to shake up whatever industry you are in.
- [06:12] Neil is willing to do this by taking competitors products or services, copying them, and then offering them for free.
- [06:51] That’s all for today!
- [06:57] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...