In episode #1244, we talk about how Peloton lost a billion dollars in company valuation the day a new advert for their bike came out! The ad caused a big stir with claims of sexism and elitism and the share drop was very immediate. Tune in to hear our thoughts on what the real cost of this was and if it really hurt Peloton that badly!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How One Ad Lost a Company a Billion Dollars.
- [00:34] A little about Peloton, what the company produces and its reputation.
- [01:15] The content of the ad in question and the story behind it.
- [02:12] The backlash against the ad and the resulting drop in value for Peloton.
- [02:40] Neil’s own experiences buying his wife a Peloton!
- [03:40] Did this saga actually hurt the company and how badly?
- [04:26] Good press, bad press and neutral promotion.
- [06:08] Coming back from a negative press cycle and using it to your advantage.
- [06:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1299, we discuss how Donald Trump spent over $19 million on Facebook advertising in 2019! This huge amount of money, that dwarfs the democratic budget, is symptomatic of the current media ...
In episode #1298, we share seven trends in the software as a service space! From free tools and customer experience improvement to thought leadership and the move towards platforms, following these tr...
In episode #1297, we ask what works better for affiliates, niche content or general news? There are a number of different routes you can take with your affiliate marketing, from very general to very n...