In episode #1244, we talk about how Peloton lost a billion dollars in company valuation the day a new advert for their bike came out! The ad caused a big stir with claims of sexism and elitism and the share drop was very immediate. Tune in to hear our thoughts on what the real cost of this was and if it really hurt Peloton that badly!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How One Ad Lost a Company a Billion Dollars.
- [00:34] A little about Peloton, what the company produces and its reputation.
- [01:15] The content of the ad in question and the story behind it.
- [02:12] The backlash against the ad and the resulting drop in value for Peloton.
- [02:40] Neil’s own experiences buying his wife a Peloton!
- [03:40] Did this saga actually hurt the company and how badly?
- [04:26] Good press, bad press and neutral promotion.
- [06:08] Coming back from a negative press cycle and using it to your advantage.
- [06:57] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...