In episode #547, Eric and Neil explain the best way to set and achieve your goals. Tune in to hear the easiest way to make sure your company succeeds.
Time-Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Achieve Your Goals in 2018
- [00:35] Eric recommends having a structure where you are operating off the Scaling Up Methodology or the Traction method.
- [01:20] Work backwards from your goal to determine the steps to success.
- [02:00] The main reason people don’t achieve their goals, is because they set their bar too high or their goal is too big.
- [02:30] Break your goal into smaller goals with small steps (“bite-sized, daily tasks”).
- [03:22] The ONE Thing is a great resource to help you set your goals.
- [04:26] IBM salespeople would crush quotas because their goals were set really low.
- [04:57] Neil finds that when he achieves small tasks, he can see how it will or won’t help him achieve his ultimate goal.
- [05:20] Better to waste a few hours than a whole month.
- [05:36] 15Five is a great tool that Eric’s team likes to use. It helps you understand how you are doing in terms of achieving your goal or goals.
- [06:41] Audit yourself every quarter!
- [07:22] To hit goals and succeed, you need to work with your team and be aligned with each other’s goals.
- [08:54] That’s it for today!
- [08:56] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special edition of Crazy Egg, the heat mapping tool.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...