In Episode #344, Eric and Neil discuss how to attract TOP marketing talent. Tune in to learn how you can easily find the top marketing talent, how to leverage LinkedIn updates for making those contacts, and the importance of communicating who you are (as a company) to potential new recruits.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Attract Top Marketing Talent
- 00:36 – Eric just hired a number of new employees
- 00:55 – Finding great marketing talent is more difficult than finding a designer
- 01:25 – Eric blasts his lists every once in while with his jobs page from Workable
- 01:37 – From the applicant tracking system, Eric can monitor everything
- 01:51 – What Neil learned in recruiting is that possible recruits want to learn more about your company
- 02:06 – Create a video about your company
- 02:29 – Neil goes to LinkedIn to find people in the space and approach them
- 02:49 – Neil creates a great job description to send to people
- 03:35 – Most people are on LinkedIn and the best ones aren’t looking for a job
- 03:50 – Eric would sometimes invite a potential candidate to meet them and get to know them better
- 04:08 – Check out the Forced Hiring blog post on Growth Everywhere
- 04:42 – Eric and Neil are writing more updates on LinkedIn and Eric edited his profile, adding that he’s hiring
- 05:03 – There was a guy who reached out to Eric through LinkedIn
- 05:33 – Create a process and reach out to people
- 05:40 – Recruiters are useful, too
- 05:55 – They are worth the time and effort
- 06:04 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- People want to know about your company and having a video that describes your company makes hiring easier.
- LinkedIn updates have a wider reach so there’s a higher chance of people finding out that you’re hiring.
- Find out who are the great recruits from others’ recommendations.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...