In Episode #441, Eric and Neil discuss how to avoid over-servicing clients. Tune in to learn what the Zero Dollar Charge Order is, the value of doing exactly what’s stated in your contract, and how to prevent being taken advantage of by your clients.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Avoid Over-Servicing Clients
- 00:47 – Eric uses Hubstaff, which is a time tracking tool
- 01:00 – It’s important to internally track time in a company
- 01:15 – You don’t have to charge per hour, but audit your time wisely
- 01:38 – Follow what’s in the contract
- 01:44 – Learn how to say “no” if it’s not in the contract
- 02:07 – Eric hired The Smart Agency Podcast’s Jason Swenk
- 02:20 – He created the tactic called “Zero Dollar Charge Order”
- 02:27 – You send an invoice for zero dollars that states the services you gave for free
- 03:35 – If you have to charge for it, charge for it
- 03:59 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:07 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Track your time internally as a way of accountability.
- Stick to the contract—learn to say “no” to additional work that’s being offered by your client.
- Don’t be afraid to charge if you need or have to.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2566, we turn our attention to a groundbreaking phenomenon: how YouTube creator Deestroying is challenging traditional football norms. In this episode, we dissect the strategies and innova...
In episode #2565, we take a deep dive into the often-overlooked world of business policies and their profound impact on your success. It's a reality check that every entrepreneur needs: how seemingly ...
In episode #2564, we are sharing our tips for winning on YouTube in 2023. We discuss creating engagement, making fresh content, optimizing for keywords, using AI to translate your content into multipl...