In Episode #441, Eric and Neil discuss how to avoid over-servicing clients. Tune in to learn what the Zero Dollar Charge Order is, the value of doing exactly what’s stated in your contract, and how to prevent being taken advantage of by your clients.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Avoid Over-Servicing Clients
- 00:47 – Eric uses Hubstaff, which is a time tracking tool
- 01:00 – It’s important to internally track time in a company
- 01:15 – You don’t have to charge per hour, but audit your time wisely
- 01:38 – Follow what’s in the contract
- 01:44 – Learn how to say “no” if it’s not in the contract
- 02:07 – Eric hired The Smart Agency Podcast’s Jason Swenk
- 02:20 – He created the tactic called “Zero Dollar Charge Order”
- 02:27 – You send an invoice for zero dollars that states the services you gave for free
- 03:35 – If you have to charge for it, charge for it
- 03:59 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:07 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Track your time internally as a way of accountability.
- Stick to the contract—learn to say “no” to additional work that’s being offered by your client.
- Don’t be afraid to charge if you need or have to.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...