In Episode #441, Eric and Neil discuss how to avoid over-servicing clients. Tune in to learn what the Zero Dollar Charge Order is, the value of doing exactly what’s stated in your contract, and how to prevent being taken advantage of by your clients.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Avoid Over-Servicing Clients
- 00:47 – Eric uses Hubstaff, which is a time tracking tool
- 01:00 – It’s important to internally track time in a company
- 01:15 – You don’t have to charge per hour, but audit your time wisely
- 01:38 – Follow what’s in the contract
- 01:44 – Learn how to say “no” if it’s not in the contract
- 02:07 – Eric hired The Smart Agency Podcast’s Jason Swenk
- 02:20 – He created the tactic called “Zero Dollar Charge Order”
- 02:27 – You send an invoice for zero dollars that states the services you gave for free
- 03:35 – If you have to charge for it, charge for it
- 03:59 – Marketing School is giving away 90-day FREE trial to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:07 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway to get your FREE copy
- 04:11 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Track your time internally as a way of accountability.
- Stick to the contract—learn to say “no” to additional work that’s being offered by your client.
- Don’t be afraid to charge if you need or have to.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1434, we talk about six brilliant founders and CEOs that we are studying in 2020! From Ray Dalio and Bill Gates to Phil Knight and Patrick Collison, we cover a bunch of people that show us...
In episode #1433, you’ll hear whether you should build an audience before launching your product or not! We talk about two main approaches today that you can take depending on whether you have an ex...
In episode #1432, we are going to be giving you seven game-changing tools for marketers on a budget. This great session covers Eric and Neil’s famous self-made tools for optimizing traffic and SEO, ...