In episode #658, Eric and Neil discuss how you can be creative when you are not a creative-minded person. Tune in to hear where you can find inspiration.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Be Creative When You’re Not Creative
- [00:34] At a retreat in Cabo San Lucas, Eric met a man who makes commercials for companies like Burger King.
- [00:50] His tip about creativity was zig when everyone else zags.
- [01:15] If a customer requests something, see if turning their approach on its head would be more effective.
- [01:50] If everyone is moving away from Snapchat, you should go towards it.
- [02:05] See what your competition is doing and see if you can build on what they are doing or flip their ideas.
- [02:32] Blogs and podcasts are more popular than ever.
- [02:49] Listen to Growth Everywhere and use the strategies that others have used to grow their businesses.
- [03:04] Take creative ideas that worked for others and run experiments using these techniques.
- [03:24] If an approach is working for someone else, see if it will work for you and figure out how you can build upon it.
- [03:45] Everything is an iteration of something else.
- [04:13] Draw creativity from your surroundings.
- [04:28] Remember to learn continuously!
- [05:00] Mastermind groups, marketing conferences, diving into people’s numbers will help you gain insight into what works.
- [05:35] Nathan Rabka had a guest on his show and the guest made up numbers about their growth.
- [05:57] Everyone lies and be careful to spot the misleading information.
- [05:58] That’s all for today!
- [06:00] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1468, we share why you should prioritize content creation in 2020. The average person consumes high volumes of content daily, whether in the form text, video, or audio, so you want to make...
In episode #1467, we discuss the recent Pier 1 Imports Transaction and what we can all learn from it. Most people thought that Tai Lopez was just a wealthy guy with Lamborghinis, but he is showing the...
In episode #1466, we talk about why Twitter is an underrated social media platform. Compared to most other channels, Twitter has many high net worth individuals engaging and sharing valuable informati...