In episode #658, Eric and Neil discuss how you can be creative when you are not a creative-minded person. Tune in to hear where you can find inspiration.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Be Creative When You’re Not Creative
- [00:34] At a retreat in Cabo San Lucas, Eric met a man who makes commercials for companies like Burger King.
- [00:50] His tip about creativity was zig when everyone else zags.
- [01:15] If a customer requests something, see if turning their approach on its head would be more effective.
- [01:50] If everyone is moving away from Snapchat, you should go towards it.
- [02:05] See what your competition is doing and see if you can build on what they are doing or flip their ideas.
- [02:32] Blogs and podcasts are more popular than ever.
- [02:49] Listen to Growth Everywhere and use the strategies that others have used to grow their businesses.
- [03:04] Take creative ideas that worked for others and run experiments using these techniques.
- [03:24] If an approach is working for someone else, see if it will work for you and figure out how you can build upon it.
- [03:45] Everything is an iteration of something else.
- [04:13] Draw creativity from your surroundings.
- [04:28] Remember to learn continuously!
- [05:00] Mastermind groups, marketing conferences, diving into people’s numbers will help you gain insight into what works.
- [05:35] Nathan Rabka had a guest on his show and the guest made up numbers about their growth.
- [05:57] Everyone lies and be careful to spot the misleading information.
- [05:58] That’s all for today!
- [06:00] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1201, we talk about how Eric Siu gets ahead of his competitors! From attending events and going to bed early, Eric has a bunch of helpful tips and possible jumpstarts for you and your busi...
In episode #1200, we talk about how Neil Patel gets ahead of his competitors! From working in the holidays, allowing small amounts of downtime, and mapping out partnerships, Neil has some great strate...
In episode #1199, we talk about a few books that can help you and your brand in 2020! We share some choices that deal with customers, coaching, ambition and more, while also considering the benefits o...