In episode #658, Eric and Neil discuss how you can be creative when you are not a creative-minded person. Tune in to hear where you can find inspiration.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Be Creative When You’re Not Creative
- [00:34] At a retreat in Cabo San Lucas, Eric met a man who makes commercials for companies like Burger King.
- [00:50] His tip about creativity was zig when everyone else zags.
- [01:15] If a customer requests something, see if turning their approach on its head would be more effective.
- [01:50] If everyone is moving away from Snapchat, you should go towards it.
- [02:05] See what your competition is doing and see if you can build on what they are doing or flip their ideas.
- [02:32] Blogs and podcasts are more popular than ever.
- [02:49] Listen to Growth Everywhere and use the strategies that others have used to grow their businesses.
- [03:04] Take creative ideas that worked for others and run experiments using these techniques.
- [03:24] If an approach is working for someone else, see if it will work for you and figure out how you can build upon it.
- [03:45] Everything is an iteration of something else.
- [04:13] Draw creativity from your surroundings.
- [04:28] Remember to learn continuously!
- [05:00] Mastermind groups, marketing conferences, diving into people’s numbers will help you gain insight into what works.
- [05:35] Nathan Rabka had a guest on his show and the guest made up numbers about their growth.
- [05:57] Everyone lies and be careful to spot the misleading information.
- [05:58] That’s all for today!
- [06:00] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1299, we discuss how Donald Trump spent over $19 million on Facebook advertising in 2019! This huge amount of money, that dwarfs the democratic budget, is symptomatic of the current media ...
In episode #1298, we share seven trends in the software as a service space! From free tools and customer experience improvement to thought leadership and the move towards platforms, following these tr...
In episode #1297, we ask what works better for affiliates, niche content or general news? There are a number of different routes you can take with your affiliate marketing, from very general to very n...