In Episode #334, Eric and Neil discuss how to be top of mind. Tune in to learn how Eric and Neil became top of mind with the content they put out there. They give you all their strategies that will increase your following and resulting views so that you, too, can be top of mind in your industry!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Be Top Of Mind
- 00:35 – Eric’s friends, John Hall of Influence & Co, just released a book called Top of Mind
- 00:45 – The content that Neil is creating is putting him at the top of mind
- 01:00 – In marketing, Neil believes in the rule of 7
- 01:05 – It’s hard to be the best at everything but doing something that is good enough and with quantity, it is much more effective
- 01:27 – Everyone has a different playbook
- 01:29 – Neil’s friend, Brian Dean from Backlinko, creates blog posts that he doesn’t write as frequently as Neil
- 01:36 – Brian’s blog posts gets more views but Neil beats him in quantity, resulting in Neil having more views
- 01:54 – Neil has daily videos and Brian has his once a month or once a week
- 02:02 – Brian’s videos have higher quality than Neil’s but Neil has more videos, so he will eventually get more traffic
- 02:12 – It makes Neil top of mind for viewers and an industry leader
- 02:22 – If you don’t have a big team, but want to be top of mind, do what Brian is doing
- 02:47 – Moz’s blog spot and content is much better than HubSpot’s, but HubSpot gets more traffic from Google because of their volume
- 03:07 – Eric and Neil are getting messages from people who have seen them in different channels, making them top of mind
- 04:15 – To be top of mind, you have to do things consistently, longer, and with quantity
- 04:51 – “Go try and be top of mind”
- 04:55 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- It’s better to create something good enough and in large quantities, rather than just 1 perfect piece of content.
- To be top of mind, do things in consistently, over a longer time and in large quantities.
- Leverage on different channels so that people see you often and consider you a leading voice on the subject.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...