In episode #1208, we discuss how BERT helps to refine Google searches and queries. It is estimated that one in ten searches will be affected by this update and this portion is likely to be increasing even more. Tune in to hear practical examples of how BERT will help to produce relevant search results.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Beat BERT, Google’s Latest Algorithm Update.
- [00:52] What BERT stands for and what its implication is for users.
- [01:23] How this update helps with search queries and a practical example.
- [02:10] Considering each search word to produce more specific context search results.
- [02:26] The portion of searches that will be affected by this change.
- [03:16] Google’s mission to understand what people are looking for.
- [03:27] Why the number of searches BERT impacts will likely increase.
- [03:43] The sites that are getting traffic from the BERT algorithm update.
- [04:16] That’s it for today!
- [04:19] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...