In episode #1208, we discuss how BERT helps to refine Google searches and queries. It is estimated that one in ten searches will be affected by this update and this portion is likely to be increasing even more. Tune in to hear practical examples of how BERT will help to produce relevant search results.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Beat BERT, Google’s Latest Algorithm Update.
- [00:52] What BERT stands for and what its implication is for users.
- [01:23] How this update helps with search queries and a practical example.
- [02:10] Considering each search word to produce more specific context search results.
- [02:26] The portion of searches that will be affected by this change.
- [03:16] Google’s mission to understand what people are looking for.
- [03:27] Why the number of searches BERT impacts will likely increase.
- [03:43] The sites that are getting traffic from the BERT algorithm update.
- [04:16] That’s it for today!
- [04:19] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2406, Eric and Neil explore the question, “When should you hire offshore marketing talent?” Whether your goal is to save money or expand your business across the globe, hiring offshore...
In episode #2405, Eric and Neil talk about how to get maximum ROI from conferences. After recently returning from the Affiliate World Dubai conference, they chose a few of the key learnings from their...
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...