In episode #1208, we discuss how BERT helps to refine Google searches and queries. It is estimated that one in ten searches will be affected by this update and this portion is likely to be increasing even more. Tune in to hear practical examples of how BERT will help to produce relevant search results.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:25] Today’s topic: How to Beat BERT, Google’s Latest Algorithm Update.
- [00:52] What BERT stands for and what its implication is for users.
- [01:23] How this update helps with search queries and a practical example.
- [02:10] Considering each search word to produce more specific context search results.
- [02:26] The portion of searches that will be affected by this change.
- [03:16] Google’s mission to understand what people are looking for.
- [03:27] Why the number of searches BERT impacts will likely increase.
- [03:43] The sites that are getting traffic from the BERT algorithm update.
- [04:16] That’s it for today!
- [04:19] To stay updated with events and learn more about our mastermind, go to the Marketing School site for more information.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2404, Neil and Eric talk about what marketers can learn from Warren Buffett’s $130B cash hoard. One of Warren Buffett’s key investor strategies is buying good businesses at a reasonabl...
In episode #2403, Neil and Eric talk about how digital advertising will change in 2023 and beyond. Major developments in artificial intelligence (AI) along with increased privacy and tracking limitati...
In episode #2402, Neil and Eric talk about how the best marketers manage their most important resource, time. Tune in as we discuss some of the top methods for managing your routine and how to get the...