In Episode #20 Eric and Neil teach you how to become a better marketer. Start taking advantage of new technology and new strategies, and study the marketing tactics of the pros.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – How to become a better marketer
- 00:50 – Talking to the highest performers
- 01:20 – Find what’s working and what’s not
- 01:38 – Learning through reading
- 01:45 – Looking for case studies and then trying it out yourself
- 02:30 – Look for recent studies
- 03:00 – Where to find these case studies
- 04:30 – Looking for innovative stuff
- 04:40 – Infographics that are animated
- 05:30 – Going to social sites to see what’s new and replicating those strategies
- 06:30 – Having the right mindset
- 06:40 – Persistence and stubbornness
- 08:00 – Don’t give up too quickly
- 08:15 – Look at your data and survey your customers
- 09:00 – Find out where people are dropping off and why they aren’t buying
- 09:20 – Quantitative and qualitative data
- 09:50 – Develop an experimentation process (Brian Balfour’s blog post)
- 10:50 – Subscribe to get more marketing tactics!
3 Key Points:
- Connect with high performers to see what’s working for them.
- Read case studies and model successful marketing strategies.
- Analyze your data and survey your customers.
- land-book.com, swiped.co, Growth Hacker, What Runs Where, and Which Test Won – Numerous resources to find marketing case studies and learn what the top marketing campaigns are doing
- Brian Balfour’s blog post – Tips to develop your experimentation process
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...