In Episode #20 Eric and Neil teach you how to become a better marketer. Start taking advantage of new technology and new strategies, and study the marketing tactics of the pros.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:25 – How to become a better marketer
- 00:50 – Talking to the highest performers
- 01:20 – Find what’s working and what’s not
- 01:38 – Learning through reading
- 01:45 – Looking for case studies and then trying it out yourself
- 02:30 – Look for recent studies
- 03:00 – Where to find these case studies
- 04:30 – Looking for innovative stuff
- 04:40 – Infographics that are animated
- 05:30 – Going to social sites to see what’s new and replicating those strategies
- 06:30 – Having the right mindset
- 06:40 – Persistence and stubbornness
- 08:00 – Don’t give up too quickly
- 08:15 – Look at your data and survey your customers
- 09:00 – Find out where people are dropping off and why they aren’t buying
- 09:20 – Quantitative and qualitative data
- 09:50 – Develop an experimentation process (Brian Balfour’s blog post)
- 10:50 – Subscribe to get more marketing tactics!
3 Key Points:
- Connect with high performers to see what’s working for them.
- Read case studies and model successful marketing strategies.
- Analyze your data and survey your customers.
- land-book.com, swiped.co, Growth Hacker, What Runs Where, and Which Test Won – Numerous resources to find marketing case studies and learn what the top marketing campaigns are doing
- Brian Balfour’s blog post – Tips to develop your experimentation process
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2631, We discuss the unconventional success of YouTuber Sam Sulek, who gained 2.31 million subscribers in just one year. Despite defying conventional wisdom, Sulek's daily, long-form worko...
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...