In Episode #345, Eric and Neil discuss how to become a contributor for well-known publications. Tune in to learn the strategies that will land you that GREAT deal—you only need one to make your efforts worth it. You’ll find out the importance of focusing on your content and connecting with editors and guest contributors.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Become a Contributor For Well Known Publications
- 00:47 – If you want to be a contributor for a specific publication, look at their format first
- 00:53 – Write something that is interesting to the editor while following their format
- 00:57 – Reach out to editors and try to help them out
- 01:06 – Check out other websites that are looking for guest bloggers through Google search
- 01:23 – It is true that you’re not going to generate a positive ROI from a guest post, but it takes ONE deal to make it worth it
- 01:47 – Neil wrote on a publication before and was spotted by a CEO and Neil made a 7 figure deal
- 02:35 – Guest writing will eventually pay off
- 02:44 – You can find editors on LinkedIn and find their emails though Hunter
- 02:57 – Be brief and try to help them
- 03:01 – The publications are more interested with content
- 03:07 – Most contributors are not that big in their space
- 03:30 – Other than emailing editors, you can reach out to guest contributors of a publication
- 03:35 – Network with them and try to help them
- 03:46 – After they get comfortable with you, ask them to introduce you to the editor
- 03:59 – When you get accepted, don’t backlink to your website because Google will know it
- 04:15 – Focus on building a brand
- 04:55 – The high DA links are not worth it
- 05:18 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Write something that will pique the editor’s interest and use their format.
- Try to network with guest contributors and ask them to introduce you to the editor.
- Focus on building a brand by creating GREAT content.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2572, we explore the ins and outs of virtual summits and investigate whether they are still relevant today. Virtual Summits can be a great way to build community, foster connection, and ge...
In episode #2571, we delve into a recent Harvard case study that looks at how humans using AI can outperform humans who aren’t using AI — by a large margin! With so many changes and advancements t...
In episode #2570, we unpack X’s partnership with Google to sell programmatic ads. There have been a lot of changes at X, formerly known as Twitter, from their controversial name change to their newl...