In Episode #403, Eric and Neil discuss how to build a personal brand. Tune in to learn the difference between a corporate and personal brand. You’ll also hear how Eric and Neil built their own personal brands up to where they are now.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How To Build A Personal Brand
- 00:41 – Building a personal brand opens up a lot of opportunities
- 01:00 – Neil had met various billionaires while building his personal brand
- 01:25 – Neil learned that you’re not going to build your personal brand unless you’re marketing yourself daily
- 01:44 – There’s a difference between a corporate brand and personal brand
- 01:54 – Corporate brands can be sold
- 02:05 – Michael Jordan, which is already a personal brand, cost millions and there’s just one of him
- 02:23 – If Michael Jordan passes away, his personal brand will be gone too
- 02:31 – Corporate brands will just continue to increase their market price
- 02:47 – Eric started his personal brand by way of his podcast which had single digit downloads
- 02:59 – When you put your content online, you constantly get better and can see what is getting the attention
- 03:20 – Gary Vaynerchuk has all the attention now and he’s all over social media
- 03:36 – He has 8 people in his personal marketing team
- 03:48 – He’s always trying new things
- 03:56 – Start slow, be consistent and gradually expand
- 04:03 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 04:45 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 05:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Consistency in marketing yourself is what builds a personal brand.
- While you can’t really sell your personal brand, it opens a lot of opportunities for you.
- Update your online channels everyday and continuously grow your online presence.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2568, we set our sights on growing business trends. We navigate the dynamic landscape of emerging trends that are reshaping the business world, with a spotlight on industry giants like Sho...
In episode #2567, we unpack the mystery behind Coca-Cola's new marketing formula. Join us as we quench your curiosity and explore how one of the world's most iconic brands continues to innovate its ma...
By now, artificial intelligence is nothing new. But there are new ways that companies can use AI to analyze marketing data, create high-quality content, and increase conversions with greater efficienc...