In Episode #207, Eric and Neil discuss how you can build a sellable website. Tune in to learn how to create a sellable website, why you should think long-term in regards to what you build, and how to choose a niche big enough to leave room for growth.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Build a Sellable Website
- 00:35 – “Don’t think about trying to make a cookbook and sell it off the bat”
- 00:41 – Create value
- 00:53 – Check FEInternational for resources on how to value your website
- 01:06 – Look for something with repeatable and scalable traffic sources
- 01:32 – Check acquisitions, all your traffic, and your channels
- 01:45 – Make sure your website has clean code
- 01:52 – Neil doesn’t buy websites with messy code
- 02:25 – Have a clean layout and design
- 02:35 – “Nicely designed websites convert better”
- 02:55 – Have a clean backlink profile
- 03:34 – Think long-term
- 03:45 – Don’t do shady stuff or use shady content
- 04:20 – Doing unethical things will it make it more difficult to sell your website
- 04:38 – Stability of income
- 04:45 – People check your website if there’s a potential for growth
- 05:30 – Make sure you have a big enough market for your website
- 05:48 – Don’t pick a niche that is too small, making you dominant, but not profitable
- 06:28 – Check FEInternational on how they value websites
- 07:10 – Put a process in place
- 07:47 – Sweet Process can help you document your process
- 08:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create a website that is valuable and nicely designed.
- Be in a larger niche—there’s more room for growth and increase of sales.
- Document your process making it easier for future buyers to work around your website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2300, we share five tools that can help you scale your content production! If you are looking to save time, improve your materials, and keep moving forward, you have come to the right plac...
In episode #2299, we talk about whether white papers and webinars still work! Moving into the new year, we wanted to share some of our thoughts on the efficacy of these two avenues, and our approach t...
In episode #2298, we speak about Eric's content plan for next year. From more conference appearances to finding a configuration that suits your exact business, there are a number of useful ideas that ...