In Episode #207, Eric and Neil discuss how you can build a sellable website. Tune in to learn how to create a sellable website, why you should think long-term in regards to what you build, and how to choose a niche big enough to leave room for growth.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Build a Sellable Website
- 00:35 – “Don’t think about trying to make a cookbook and sell it off the bat”
- 00:41 – Create value
- 00:53 – Check FEInternational for resources on how to value your website
- 01:06 – Look for something with repeatable and scalable traffic sources
- 01:32 – Check acquisitions, all your traffic, and your channels
- 01:45 – Make sure your website has clean code
- 01:52 – Neil doesn’t buy websites with messy code
- 02:25 – Have a clean layout and design
- 02:35 – “Nicely designed websites convert better”
- 02:55 – Have a clean backlink profile
- 03:34 – Think long-term
- 03:45 – Don’t do shady stuff or use shady content
- 04:20 – Doing unethical things will it make it more difficult to sell your website
- 04:38 – Stability of income
- 04:45 – People check your website if there’s a potential for growth
- 05:30 – Make sure you have a big enough market for your website
- 05:48 – Don’t pick a niche that is too small, making you dominant, but not profitable
- 06:28 – Check FEInternational on how they value websites
- 07:10 – Put a process in place
- 07:47 – Sweet Process can help you document your process
- 08:00 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Create a website that is valuable and nicely designed.
- Be in a larger niche—there’s more room for growth and increase of sales.
- Document your process making it easier for future buyers to work around your website.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2143, Neil and Eric unpack how big tech companies are laying people off right now and whether it’s a sign of things to come. Tuning in you’ll learn about the companies that are current...
In episode #2142, Neil and Eric talk about how to hire content creators (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) Influencer prices have gone up by staggering amounts and you may not be able to afford the on...
In episode #2141, Neil and Eric talk about their weird habits that triple productivity. Learn why Neil doesn’t go to bed without having read all his emails, even if he’s traveling, and why he does...