In episode #734, Eric and Neil discuss how to build links the right way. Tune in to hear what makes link-building sleazy.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Build Links (Without Being Sleazy)
- [01:00] Having a simple widget or tool is a great way to provide a service without being sleazy.
- [01:25] Neil likes to release free copies of paid tools.
- [01:56] HubSpot overtook Drift by offering a free service.
- [02:30] Yelp offers widgets that helps restaurants link-build.
- [02:45] Email outreach isn’t sleazy, even though people think it is.
- [03:02] To not be sleazy, you have to offer value.
- [03:46] Aim to build relationships instead of just reaching out for links.
- [04:15] Use data to help you find out your best people to reach out to.
- [04:43] That’s it for today!
- [04:47] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #808, Eric and Neil discuss their early failures. Tune in to hear what not to do if you want long-term success....
In episode #807, Eric and Neil discuss the best alternative to Facebook Ads. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to grow your business....
In episode #806, Eric and Neil discuss whether you should start podcasting. Tune in to hear if you are the right kind of person for a podcast....