In episode #734, Eric and Neil discuss how to build links the right way. Tune in to hear what makes link-building sleazy.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Build Links (Without Being Sleazy)
- [01:00] Having a simple widget or tool is a great way to provide a service without being sleazy.
- [01:25] Neil likes to release free copies of paid tools.
- [01:56] HubSpot overtook Drift by offering a free service.
- [02:30] Yelp offers widgets that helps restaurants link-build.
- [02:45] Email outreach isn’t sleazy, even though people think it is.
- [03:02] To not be sleazy, you have to offer value.
- [03:46] Aim to build relationships instead of just reaching out for links.
- [04:15] Use data to help you find out your best people to reach out to.
- [04:43] That’s it for today!
- [04:47] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #962, we discuss how to target effectively on LinkedIn. Tune in to hear how you can get the right people to engage with your content....
In episode #961, we discuss whether blogging is still relevant. Tune in to hear if this method is still effective....
In episode #960, we discuss 7 simple tactics that always work. Tune in to hear how you can use social media marketing to your advantage....