In episode #734, Eric and Neil discuss how to build links the right way. Tune in to hear what makes link-building sleazy.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Build Links (Without Being Sleazy)
- [01:00] Having a simple widget or tool is a great way to provide a service without being sleazy.
- [01:25] Neil likes to release free copies of paid tools.
- [01:56] HubSpot overtook Drift by offering a free service.
- [02:30] Yelp offers widgets that helps restaurants link-build.
- [02:45] Email outreach isn’t sleazy, even though people think it is.
- [03:02] To not be sleazy, you have to offer value.
- [03:46] Aim to build relationships instead of just reaching out for links.
- [04:15] Use data to help you find out your best people to reach out to.
- [04:43] That’s it for today!
- [04:47] If you could take two minutes out of your day, we are trying to improve the listening experience for you, so go to Singlegrain.com/survey and help us gain some insight into what matters to our listeners.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...
In episode #2289, Neil and Eric talk about the key ingredient to successful ads. There’s a lot that goes into making ads that reach your audience, hook their attention, and make a lasting impression...