In Episode #412, Eric and Neil discuss how to build retargeting lists with outbound prospecting. Tune in to learn how you can retarget without breaking any terms or service agreements and why the rule of 7 is still effective in marketing today.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Build Retargeting Lists With Outbound Prospecting
- 00:36 – First, make sure you’re following the terms and services of Google and Facebook or other retargeting services
- 01:25 – Know your ideal customer
- 01:38 – Outbound prospecting is more for B2B
- 01:50 – You can reach the head of businesses directly through Outreach and Zen Prospect; use these tools to gather emails and reach businesses at scale
- 02:38 – Plug the outbound emails into a retargeting list on LinkedIn, Google and Facebook
- 03:14 – If you’re a sales person, make sure you add value and share insights to your customers
- 03:47 – Then you can retarget people by asking them to opt-in for more marketing insights
- 04:07 – When you remarket people, they see you more often
- 04:11 – The rule of 7 in marketing
- 04:21 – Neil creates specific remarketing ads for the individual companies
- 04:51 – Account-based marketing works
- 05:14 – Neil never had issues with remarketing
- 05:54 – Instead of trying to be interesting, be interested in the people you connect with
- 06:21 – Marketing School is giving away a free 1 year subscription to Crazy Egg which is a visual analytics tool
- 07:01 – Go to SingleGrain.com/giveaway for multiple entries
- 07:10 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Figure out who your ideal customers are so you know who you should specifically target.
- As a sales person, make sure you add value and marketing insights to your customers.
- The more often a customer sees you, the more likely they will buy.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....