In Episode #261, Eric and Neil discuss how to capture more email addresses at conferences. Tune in to learn the routers that you can bring to conferences that make acquiring new email addresses easier. Eric and Neil also discuss the right and most efficient way to network at these conferences.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Capture More Email Addresses at Conferences
- 00:40 – A startup called Zenreach has a router that allows you to collect emails and it behaves like an automation sequence as well
- 01:18 – Everybody needs wi-fi, especially in conferences
- 01:34 – Another way to collect email is to go to the conference’s bar or networking hall and have a chat with people
- 01:47 – See how you can help people, collect cards, and follow-up
- 02:02 – If you don’t want to drink, you don’t have to
- 02:30 – Neil doesn’t really drink at conferences
- 02:58 – Neil usually gets selfie requests at conferences
- 03:08 – Evernote Premium can scan a business card and add the email address automatically to your contact form
- 03:34 – You can also take a picture using the FullContact app, then link it to your Zapier which adds people to LinkedIn automatically
- 04:02 – Using Zapier with Evernote and FullContact will make your life easier
- 04:20 – After adding the contacts in your phone, you can add them to your Google Apps as well
- 04:39 – Make sure you take multiple routers with you to conferences
- 04:55 – Neil has a good post on networking
- 05:05 – “Don’t be the guy that hangs around and tries to prolong the conversation”
- 05:14 – Be efficient with your time
- 05:18 – Just try to add value
- 05:31 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- You can collect emails at a conference through online tools and casual conversations.
- If the conversation is about to die, just say nice to meet you and move on.
- At the end of the day, It’s all about sharing and adding value.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...
In episode #2188, we talk about our boneheaded YouTube mistake with Marketing School. Tuning in, you’ll find out how Libsyn helped us automate and grow our views, the mistake we made when we stopped...
In episode #2187, we discuss how Eric is using product-led growth for his NFT project. Tuning in, you’ll learn the definition of product-led growth and find out how you can implement it in the world...