In episode #982, we discuss how you can combat your declining social media traffic. Tune in to hear what you can do to fight the decline.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Combat Your Declining Social Media Traffic
- [00:50] Even traffic on Neil’s LinkedIn video posts has declined.
- [01:15] Now, Neil is seeing his reach decline to less than 20,000.
- [01:40] Instagram Live is new, so they are boosting those posts.
- [02:05] Eric thinks you should try the omni-channel approach to avoid the decline.
- [02:25] Neil agrees that you need to leverage the newest channels to boost your reach.
- [02:45] You need to scrub those who don’t engage from your email lists.
- [03:10] Spend money on paid ads in order to target the right people.
- [04:20] Social media is a numbers game.
- [04:30] It’s also important to know what your audience cares about.
- [04:50] If people aren’t engaging, it’s probably because they don’t like your content.
- [05:15] Think about social media content as a form of testing.
- [05:25] Test out different types of content and see what works.
- [05:55] Grant Cardone is good at slicing up the content they have and repurposing it.
- [06;18] When repurposing content, post natively to the channel.
- [06:50] Don’t just assume marketing guys on social media are sleazy. Rather, you should learn from them.
- [07:11] That’s it for today!
- [07:40] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #990, we discuss the best podcast analytics tool for 2019. Tune in to hear which tool we think is best....
In episode #989, we discuss where content marketing is heading. Tune in to hear what we think are the most important facets of content marketing....