In episode #982, we discuss how you can combat your declining social media traffic. Tune in to hear what you can do to fight the decline.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Combat Your Declining Social Media Traffic
- [00:50] Even traffic on Neil’s LinkedIn video posts has declined.
- [01:15] Now, Neil is seeing his reach decline to less than 20,000.
- [01:40] Instagram Live is new, so they are boosting those posts.
- [02:05] Eric thinks you should try the omni-channel approach to avoid the decline.
- [02:25] Neil agrees that you need to leverage the newest channels to boost your reach.
- [02:45] You need to scrub those who don’t engage from your email lists.
- [03:10] Spend money on paid ads in order to target the right people.
- [04:20] Social media is a numbers game.
- [04:30] It’s also important to know what your audience cares about.
- [04:50] If people aren’t engaging, it’s probably because they don’t like your content.
- [05:15] Think about social media content as a form of testing.
- [05:25] Test out different types of content and see what works.
- [05:55] Grant Cardone is good at slicing up the content they have and repurposing it.
- [06;18] When repurposing content, post natively to the channel.
- [06:50] Don’t just assume marketing guys on social media are sleazy. Rather, you should learn from them.
- [07:11] That’s it for today!
- [07:40] We hit our goal of 1 Million downloads! So, we will be throwing a free event in Los Angeles this June. Check out this website if you would like to attend. Remember: we are capping the event at 500 people, so sign up now, if you’re interested! DM Eric if you would like to participate in the VIP dinner.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
Give us feedback on this new format in the ratings section and include your e-mail for a chance to ask a question live on a Marketing School podcast! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone....
In episode #2408, Neil and Eric give you the recipe for success with any content! With the wide variety of social media channels out there, it can feel overwhelming to create enough content for all of...
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting read...