In Episode #127, Neil and Eric talk about the different ways you can combine your content marketing with paid advertising. Listen as they list down pros and cons for different Facebook ads, and the difference between Facebook, LinkedIn, Google and Twitter ad costs.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Today’s topic: How to Combine Content Marketing with Paid Advertising
- 00:45 – Neil’s favorite strategy is using Facebook fans’ “likes”
- 01:21 – When you drive paid clicks and you stop paying, you’re not going to get anymore
- 02:04 – The goal is to have the least amount of fans that create the most amount of engagement
- 02:30 – “Boost Post” button to Facebook works
- 03:33 – Look at your Facebook insights
- 03:51 – Make sure you have a content upgrade – you can use Thrive
- 04:54 – Spend what you need to get the right campaign/headline that results in the most “shares”, “posts”, “likes”, etc.
- 05:25 – Eric promotes the page post engagements
- 06:31 – Think about the channel before investing in paid traffic
- 07:22 – LinkedIn traffic’s conversion rates are 50-60%
- 08:14 – Gmail ads also works – check out Growth Everywhere’s post
- 08:50 – That’s it for today’s episode!
3 Key Points:
- Combining paid advertising and content marketing IS possible and profitable.
- Build a following instead of just driving paid clicks.
- Spend money not for “likes” but to get the right campaign.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2359, Neil and Eric share their insights on how to utilize the power of storytelling in marketing. Telling a good story is one of the best ways to capture people’s attention. Tune in as ...
In episode #2358, Neil and Eric explore which marketing jobs will be replaced by AI in 2023. We’ve seen a lot of advancements in AI over the past year, but what will its real-world impact be on mark...
In episode #2357, Neil and Eric break down how to fix your marketing funnel. There are plenty of useful tools that can help you identify where your marketing funnel needs to be improved. The trick is ...