In episode #819, we discuss tactics for competing in a saturated market. Tune in to hear how you can get an edge over the competition.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Compete in a Saturated Market
- [00:38] Neil recently released version 2.0 of UberSuggest.
- [01:01] I looked at the big players in the space and found that most of the major players aren’t making a ton of money.
- [01:19] Moz is making around 50 Million, Ahrefs is between 30-100 Million, and SEMRush is between 50-100 Million.
- [01:39] Google does over 100 Billion in ad revenue.
- [01:50] I found their models were all wrong, so I just released it all for free.
- [02:30] When you’re in a saturated market and there is no clear winner, you take the best of what everyone is doing.
- [03:00] Most people don’t use all the features from each service, so take the best ones.
- [03:40] The main differential in Neil’s product is that it is user-friendly and free.
- [04:15] Learn from what other people are doing.
- [04:45] My goal is to build an all-in-one marketing suite that helps others generate traffic. I’m not trying to compete with other SEO software.
- [05:15] Version 3.0 will allow you to put in a URL and it will tell you what the top pages, keywords, traffic, and will break it down by region.
- [05:28] That’s it for today!
- [05:34] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2295, Neil and Eric talk about how 25.6% of all searches are now zero-click, and what you should do. Google’s new methods for displaying search results are becoming increasingly sophisti...
In episode #2294, we discuss whether or not you should hire friends and family. Regardless of the size of your business, hiring someone from your inner circle can be complicated! Ultimately, it comes ...
In episode #2293, Neil and Eric discuss why some ad platforms will struggle in the future. Apple’s recent privacy changes on iOS have had a significant impact on digital advertising. With Google loo...