In episode #670, Eric and Neil discuss how you can consolidate your marketing. Tune in to hear how you can get back to basics.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Consolidate Your Marketing
- [00:36] When you look at anyone in marketing trying to grow a company, they don’t know what to do first or even how to do them.
- [01:03] Eric has about 40 tools in his marketing stack, which is crazy, because that’s the number after they consolidated everything.
- [01:14] It’s overwhelming. The operations guy keeps telling him to prune the tools.
- [01:31] When you shut a tool down, you drop the ball on five things, so it’s a slow process.
- [01:58] Some of the tools Eric stopped using have resurfaced, because his team has decided to retest them.
- [02:40] Eric’s team tried to shed a link cloaking tool, which has since been reincorporated.
- [02:50] The point is that paying for all these unnecessary tools is like death by a thousand cuts.
- [02:55] Neil says stick to the basics.
- [03:05] He posts social media content manually.
- [03:20] Neil’s team uses Google Analytics, Google Search Console, HubSpot, SEMRush, and a product management solution.
- [03:44] SAP and Oracle combine a lot of tasks into one product.
- [04:05] Eric’s team needs to get better at consolidating.
- [04:15] When your team is testing tools you’ve already gotten rid of, they are wasting time.
- [04:44] Using Segment is going to allow you to consolidate your data.
- [05:05] Prune every quarter.
- [05:15] Whenever you have too much going on, look at what’s driving results and dump the rest.
- [05:45] Decision fatigue is at play here.
- [05:55] That’s it for today!
- [05:59] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2191, Neil and Eric discuss how to win at LinkedIn. Of its 260 million monthly active users, only 1% create content on LinkedIn. When compared with 87% of Instagram’s one billion plus us...
In episode #2190, we talk about how we batch our content. Depending on whether it’s long-form video, blog posts, or podcast episodes, we have put different processes in place to help us save time an...
In episode #2189, Neil and Eric discuss some of the best-kept YouTube success secrets! We share what has worked for us, as well as the mistakes we have made and how you can avoid them. You’ll also l...