In episode #670, Eric and Neil discuss how you can consolidate your marketing. Tune in to hear how you can get back to basics.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Consolidate Your Marketing
- [00:36] When you look at anyone in marketing trying to grow a company, they don’t know what to do first or even how to do them.
- [01:03] Eric has about 40 tools in his marketing stack, which is crazy, because that’s the number after they consolidated everything.
- [01:14] It’s overwhelming. The operations guy keeps telling him to prune the tools.
- [01:31] When you shut a tool down, you drop the ball on five things, so it’s a slow process.
- [01:58] Some of the tools Eric stopped using have resurfaced, because his team has decided to retest them.
- [02:40] Eric’s team tried to shed a link cloaking tool, which has since been reincorporated.
- [02:50] The point is that paying for all these unnecessary tools is like death by a thousand cuts.
- [02:55] Neil says stick to the basics.
- [03:05] He posts social media content manually.
- [03:20] Neil’s team uses Google Analytics, Google Search Console, HubSpot, SEMRush, and a product management solution.
- [03:44] SAP and Oracle combine a lot of tasks into one product.
- [04:05] Eric’s team needs to get better at consolidating.
- [04:15] When your team is testing tools you’ve already gotten rid of, they are wasting time.
- [04:44] Using Segment is going to allow you to consolidate your data.
- [05:05] Prune every quarter.
- [05:15] Whenever you have too much going on, look at what’s driving results and dump the rest.
- [05:45] Decision fatigue is at play here.
- [05:55] That’s it for today!
- [05:59] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episodes #2303 and #2304, Neil and Eric share 10 marketing tips that actually work! As we head into 2023, we believe that things are going to get harder before they get easier, but there is a silve...
In episode #2302, we discuss how Airbnb’s brand versus search bet is actually paying off. According to the Wall Street Journal, Airbnb’s strategy of slashing ad spending to invest in bran...
In episode #2301, we talk about where we see Twitter going in the long term. After Elon Musk's recent acquisition of the social media platform, there has been much activity and speculation about where...