In episode #670, Eric and Neil discuss how you can consolidate your marketing. Tune in to hear how you can get back to basics.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Consolidate Your Marketing
- [00:36] When you look at anyone in marketing trying to grow a company, they don’t know what to do first or even how to do them.
- [01:03] Eric has about 40 tools in his marketing stack, which is crazy, because that’s the number after they consolidated everything.
- [01:14] It’s overwhelming. The operations guy keeps telling him to prune the tools.
- [01:31] When you shut a tool down, you drop the ball on five things, so it’s a slow process.
- [01:58] Some of the tools Eric stopped using have resurfaced, because his team has decided to retest them.
- [02:40] Eric’s team tried to shed a link cloaking tool, which has since been reincorporated.
- [02:50] The point is that paying for all these unnecessary tools is like death by a thousand cuts.
- [02:55] Neil says stick to the basics.
- [03:05] He posts social media content manually.
- [03:20] Neil’s team uses Google Analytics, Google Search Console, HubSpot, SEMRush, and a product management solution.
- [03:44] SAP and Oracle combine a lot of tasks into one product.
- [04:05] Eric’s team needs to get better at consolidating.
- [04:15] When your team is testing tools you’ve already gotten rid of, they are wasting time.
- [04:44] Using Segment is going to allow you to consolidate your data.
- [05:05] Prune every quarter.
- [05:15] Whenever you have too much going on, look at what’s driving results and dump the rest.
- [05:45] Decision fatigue is at play here.
- [05:55] That’s it for today!
- [05:59] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2630, We discuss the concept of "what's old is new again" in marketing. We highlight the importance of considering industry-specific strategies and adapting them to the current market cond...
In episode #2629, We discuss how to deal with ad fatigue in the ever-evolving world of marketing. We define ad fatigue as the decline in performance due to repetitive ads. Signs of ad fatigue include ...
In episode #2628, We discuss why we are focusing more on written content and how it helps us create other types of content. We've found that creating written content, particularly in the form of tweet...