In episode #670, Eric and Neil discuss how you can consolidate your marketing. Tune in to hear how you can get back to basics.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Consolidate Your Marketing
- [00:36] When you look at anyone in marketing trying to grow a company, they don’t know what to do first or even how to do them.
- [01:03] Eric has about 40 tools in his marketing stack, which is crazy, because that’s the number after they consolidated everything.
- [01:14] It’s overwhelming. The operations guy keeps telling him to prune the tools.
- [01:31] When you shut a tool down, you drop the ball on five things, so it’s a slow process.
- [01:58] Some of the tools Eric stopped using have resurfaced, because his team has decided to retest them.
- [02:40] Eric’s team tried to shed a link cloaking tool, which has since been reincorporated.
- [02:50] The point is that paying for all these unnecessary tools is like death by a thousand cuts.
- [02:55] Neil says stick to the basics.
- [03:05] He posts social media content manually.
- [03:20] Neil’s team uses Google Analytics, Google Search Console, HubSpot, SEMRush, and a product management solution.
- [03:44] SAP and Oracle combine a lot of tasks into one product.
- [04:05] Eric’s team needs to get better at consolidating.
- [04:15] When your team is testing tools you’ve already gotten rid of, they are wasting time.
- [04:44] Using Segment is going to allow you to consolidate your data.
- [05:05] Prune every quarter.
- [05:15] Whenever you have too much going on, look at what’s driving results and dump the rest.
- [05:45] Decision fatigue is at play here.
- [05:55] That’s it for today!
- [05:59] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1468, we share why you should prioritize content creation in 2020. The average person consumes high volumes of content daily, whether in the form text, video, or audio, so you want to make...
In episode #1467, we discuss the recent Pier 1 Imports Transaction and what we can all learn from it. Most people thought that Tai Lopez was just a wealthy guy with Lamborghinis, but he is showing the...
In episode #1466, we talk about why Twitter is an underrated social media platform. Compared to most other channels, Twitter has many high net worth individuals engaging and sharing valuable informati...