In episode #901, we discuss how to control Page 1 of Google’s search results. Tune in to hear how you can dominate.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Control Page 1 of Google (Not Just Rank #1)
- [00:38] Why not rank #1 and #2?
- [00:52] Neil’s stamp occupies both Quicksprout and Neilpatel.com, so he has twice the authority in the rankings.
- [01:10] Ranking 0 means you can occupy the answer box.
- [01:32] A lot of this comes down to title tags. Google looks at who is generating clicks.
- [02:00] Use Clickflow to check your pages and run A/B tests.
- [02:15] Don’t duplicate your content. It can be similar, but not the same.
- [02:33] This will also help when cross-linking.
- [02:52] 8 out 10 will read your headline, only 2 out of 10 will click through and read the rest.
- [03:05] If you don’t want to spend money on Google Ads, you can remarket for search ads.
- [04:04] Consider creating multiple sites.
- [04:15] This includes social profiles and guest-posting.
- [04:30] Buffer grew through guest-posts.
- [05:22] Having a few competing sites is a lot of work/upkeep.
- [05:32] Remember to update your content.
- [06:00] Use Ahrefs Link Intersect, as this will show you everyone who links to your competitors, but not your site.
- [06:15] That’s it for today!
- [06:23] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2563, we are exploring how podcasts expand drastically. Tuning in, you’ll hear about how many people listen to podcasts every week in the US, creators who have successful podcasts, why t...
At the Leveling Up Founders' event, Tamara Loehr discusses her best practices in business, managing offshore teams abroad, and the significance of establishing a learning management system process. TI...
In episode #2562, we are discussing creator economy 2.0 and the different (theoretical) dynamics at play that make it difficult to build a creator startup in 2023. Tune in to hear a breakdown of the 4...