In episode #901, we discuss how to control Page 1 of Google’s search results. Tune in to hear how you can dominate.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Control Page 1 of Google (Not Just Rank #1)
- [00:38] Why not rank #1 and #2?
- [00:52] Neil’s stamp occupies both Quicksprout and Neilpatel.com, so he has twice the authority in the rankings.
- [01:10] Ranking 0 means you can occupy the answer box.
- [01:32] A lot of this comes down to title tags. Google looks at who is generating clicks.
- [02:00] Use Clickflow to check your pages and run A/B tests.
- [02:15] Don’t duplicate your content. It can be similar, but not the same.
- [02:33] This will also help when cross-linking.
- [02:52] 8 out 10 will read your headline, only 2 out of 10 will click through and read the rest.
- [03:05] If you don’t want to spend money on Google Ads, you can remarket for search ads.
- [04:04] Consider creating multiple sites.
- [04:15] This includes social profiles and guest-posting.
- [04:30] Buffer grew through guest-posts.
- [05:22] Having a few competing sites is a lot of work/upkeep.
- [05:32] Remember to update your content.
- [06:00] Use Ahrefs Link Intersect, as this will show you everyone who links to your competitors, but not your site.
- [06:15] That’s it for today!
- [06:23] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2292, we talk about why you should focus on conversions first and then traffic. We believe that your conversion rate is the most vital metric when it comes to digital marketing. While both...
In episode #2291, Neil and Eric address why brands matter. A few episodes back, we spoke about the power of your brand story. Today, we discuss what it takes to become a brand leader in your category,...
In episode #2290, Neil and Eric discuss why Meta is adding more ad placements and what this means for you. As you may already know, Instagram is increasing its ad load with the launch of two new a...