In episode #876, we discuss how you can craft an irresistible headline. Tune in to hear our tricks for great headlines.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Craft an Irresistible Headline
- [01:05] 8 out of 10 people will read your headline, 2 out of 10 will read the rest of the copy.
- [01:40] Don’t bait people, instead survey people using Survey Monkey.
- [02:25] David Ogilvy, the father of advertising, said 80 cents of the dollar is spent on the headline.
- [03:00] Have a hook.
- [03:12] Swiped has some of the best copywriters in the world, so draw inspiration from them.
- [04:18] Run an A/B Split Test using variations of the title.
- [05:22] Keep your hook the same, but change a small element of it to target different people.
- [05:28] That’s it for today!
- [05:33] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2626, We discuss the concept of the creativity faucet and how it can help overcome writer's block and generate better content. We suggest using Twitter or reading to get ideas and warm up ...
In episode #2625, We discuss the difference between audience TAM (Total Addressable Market) and revenue TAM. We explain that venture capitalists often look at the total addressable market when investi...
In episode #2624, We discuss the breakdown of the New York Times' revenue. We highlight the significant role of affiliate marketing in generating income for the company, with Wirecutter affiliate comm...