In episode #876, we discuss how you can craft an irresistible headline. Tune in to hear our tricks for great headlines.
We have committed to throwing a FREE Marketing School Live Event in Los Angeles, once Marketing School reaches 1M downloads in a 30 day period. Take action: Rate, review, subscribe, and SHARE. Check the progress here!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Craft an Irresistible Headline
- [01:05] 8 out of 10 people will read your headline, 2 out of 10 will read the rest of the copy.
- [01:40] Don’t bait people, instead survey people using Survey Monkey.
- [02:25] David Ogilvy, the father of advertising, said 80 cents of the dollar is spent on the headline.
- [03:00] Have a hook.
- [03:12] Swiped has some of the best copywriters in the world, so draw inspiration from them.
- [04:18] Run an A/B Split Test using variations of the title.
- [05:22] Keep your hook the same, but change a small element of it to target different people.
- [05:28] That’s it for today!
- [05:33] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help us meet our goal of 1 Million downloads per month. Hopefully, we’ll see you at the live event in L.A.!
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2412, we discuss how this plus ChatGPT will turbocharge your marketing results. When we say “this,” we’re referring to our process, which starts with recording the podcast you’re l...
In episode #2411, we talk about one easy way to skyrocket your conversions. We believe that conversion rate optimization (CRO) is one of the biggest leverage points in marketing, but it’s often over...
In episode #2410, we discuss why batching content can actually hurt you sometimes. As you may already know, Eric and Neil batch content for this podcast, sometimes up to four or five weeks in advance....