In episode #791, Eric and Neil discuss how you can figure out your messaging. Tune in to hear how you can create an irresistible hook.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Craft an Irresistible Hook
- [00:36] A Hook is something that draws people in.
- [01:10] If you think about Squatty Potty (the bathroom accessory), they did $20 Million in revenue.
- [01:36] They ran a commercial where a Unicorn was pooping rainbow ice cream and the spokesperson then ate said ice cream.
- [02:15] Neil is testing out a headline hook right now.
- [02:30] He also offers free resources.
- [02:45] BuzzSumo is a helpful tool to help you figure out what your hook could be.
- [03:20] A lot of it has to do with messaging.
- [03:30] Squatty Potty figured out their messaging.
- [03:52] Try using Survey Monkey or Qualaroo to figure out customers’ pay points.
- [04:20] Check out the Harmon Brothers’ ads.
- [05:30] You can hire people, but that is expensive. It’s better to figure out the messaging and hook on your own.
- [06:30] That’s it for Today!
- [06:35] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2466, we broach the topic of using AI for doing outbound. The goal with outbound is to stand out and AI can help you do so. Tune in to discover how AI can be used to customize insights for...
In episode #2465, we investigate the software that can create AI-generated articles to “drive real traffic”. Namely, byword.ai. While AI SEO strategies might have short-term results, we don’t be...
In episode #2464, we explore the question of vanity metrics versus revenue. We look at a particular story of a creator reaching 100 million views on YouTube with only a $900 return. These stats beg th...