In episode #791, Eric and Neil discuss how you can figure out your messaging. Tune in to hear how you can create an irresistible hook.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Craft an Irresistible Hook
- [00:36] A Hook is something that draws people in.
- [01:10] If you think about Squatty Potty (the bathroom accessory), they did $20 Million in revenue.
- [01:36] They ran a commercial where a Unicorn was pooping rainbow ice cream and the spokesperson then ate said ice cream.
- [02:15] Neil is testing out a headline hook right now.
- [02:30] He also offers free resources.
- [02:45] BuzzSumo is a helpful tool to help you figure out what your hook could be.
- [03:20] A lot of it has to do with messaging.
- [03:30] Squatty Potty figured out their messaging.
- [03:52] Try using Survey Monkey or Qualaroo to figure out customers’ pay points.
- [04:20] Check out the Harmon Brothers’ ads.
- [05:30] You can hire people, but that is expensive. It’s better to figure out the messaging and hook on your own.
- [06:30] That’s it for Today!
- [06:35] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #1434, we talk about six brilliant founders and CEOs that we are studying in 2020! From Ray Dalio and Bill Gates to Phil Knight and Patrick Collison, we cover a bunch of people that show us...
In episode #1433, you’ll hear whether you should build an audience before launching your product or not! We talk about two main approaches today that you can take depending on whether you have an ex...
In episode #1432, we are going to be giving you seven game-changing tools for marketers on a budget. This great session covers Eric and Neil’s famous self-made tools for optimizing traffic and SEO, ...