In episode #791, Eric and Neil discuss how you can figure out your messaging. Tune in to hear how you can create an irresistible hook.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:27] Today’s Topic: How to Craft an Irresistible Hook
- [00:36] A Hook is something that draws people in.
- [01:10] If you think about Squatty Potty (the bathroom accessory), they did $20 Million in revenue.
- [01:36] They ran a commercial where a Unicorn was pooping rainbow ice cream and the spokesperson then ate said ice cream.
- [02:15] Neil is testing out a headline hook right now.
- [02:30] He also offers free resources.
- [02:45] BuzzSumo is a helpful tool to help you figure out what your hook could be.
- [03:20] A lot of it has to do with messaging.
- [03:30] Squatty Potty figured out their messaging.
- [03:52] Try using Survey Monkey or Qualaroo to figure out customers’ pay points.
- [04:20] Check out the Harmon Brothers’ ads.
- [05:30] You can hire people, but that is expensive. It’s better to figure out the messaging and hook on your own.
- [06:30] That’s it for Today!
- [06:35] Go here to see how many downloads the show is getting. Also rate and review to help Eric and Neil meet their goal of 1 Million downloads per month. They will throw a live event once they reach their goal.
Leave some feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with us:
Discover Latest Episodes
In episode #2103, we talk about how we'd grow our podcast to five million downloads per month in the future. After the last few years of amazing growth, we are so excited about where we might be heade...
In episode #2102, we talk about how to screen for SEO talent in 2022! When building the best team that you can, you need a good process to vet potential hires and we are here to make this just a littl...
In episode #2101, Neil and Eric talk about what to do if you’re on the verge of bankruptcy. It’s okay to fail and try new things, and bankruptcy shouldn’t be associated with shame or stigma. Tun...